light for my daughter

Cheapskate

Enlightened
Get her a couple Xeno EO3s and a pack of Lithium AAs (Energizer's L91) to put in them. Simple, cheap (~$28) and effective. They come on in medium which is a very useful feature as non-flashoholics are likely to forget a user interface that is non obvious. Two cell flashlights are so 20th Century.

EdV

Newly Enlightened
Thanks again folks for all the replies.

I think I will stick with a single AA cell light. The smaller ones will probably fit her purposes better. Rather she carry one in her purse at all times than leave one in the car. I never really knew the smaller lights that took a single AA battery could be so bright. Also going to go with Eneloop batteries. All I need is 4 for her and 4 for me as well as the charger.

Still looking, thank you again you guys have gotten me off to a great start

Lit Up

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get a single cell for her, but for the apartment I would suggest something larger. You don't want to be fumbling around in the dark trying to locate a single cell light. You want something large enough on the nightstand you can find with ease and in a hurry.

Lit Up

Flashlight Enthusiast
For the apartment get the accessories kit. She can use either the anti-roll bezel or the pocket clip to stop the Mini Maglite from rolling around.

I haven't checked if the Mag pros have a low setting but that may be something to think about when considering the apartment light. You'll want that low lumen runtime incase of power outages.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't checked if the Mag pros have a low setting but that may be something to think about when considering the apartment light. You'll want that low lumen runtime incase of power outages.
Mini Maglite Pro - 1 level 226 lumens.
Mini Maglite Pro+ - 2 levels 245 lumens and 25%. About $5 more.
Video showing the operation of the lights.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XJBjUURSqo

Burgess

Flashaholic
to EdV --

Welcome to CandlePowerForums !

:welcome:

Lots of great suggestions here.

I realize it can all be a bit confusing.
:)

Allow me to add this:

-- a flashlight for her apartment is a good idea.

-- a flashlight for her automobile is a good idea.

-- a flashlight small & convenient to carry in her purse,
so that she will ALWAYS have it available for use, is a GREAT idea !

:whistle:

Lit Up

Flashlight Enthusiast
Given the modes, the Fenix LD20 does look like an ideal choice. Are they changed by twisting the head?

For the house I still like a D cell, personally. I think the TK50 covered every base. A nice low that can run for days, 200+ lumen high that can throw several yards over, a couple inbetween modes with plenty of brightness/runtime, shorter than a 2DMag but still has impactability if need be, and the different modes are readily accessed with a quick press of a button. One of the better purchases I've made in awhile.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 for the E21 or E11
The Quark AA or aa2 are pretty sweet too.
There is a sale at 4sevens this week. The nuetral white would do nicely.

EdV

Newly Enlightened
Thank you all and thank you Burgess for the welcome. To think a few days ago I thought a light was a light. Silly me! I am starting to understand a little more and for some reason I am being to critical in terms of specs in my own head, I need a break already.. High power, low power and UI, etc etc -- I already gave away my older mini mag lights to the little fella who lives next door. I saw him out there tonight looking for bugs :)

Latest posts