• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Lights You Want Me To Mod

star_c_star

Enlightened
Hi vinh, we are all glad you are back from your trip.

Here is a future modding light for you:

First, a 2017 Shot Show link for Olight:

https://n2a.goexposoftware.com/event...e.php?__id=110

The verbiage about the Olight X9 pulled from that link is:

"At Olight, we believe in giving you the best performance in the illumination industry. Meet the all new X9 Marauder complete with 20,000 lumens and a dual fan system to keep the scorching light cool for optimal use. What will you do with the power of the sun? Price: $400.00"

So, 20,000 lumens, which is quite impressive. 25,000+ lumens modded, anyone?

star_c_star

Enlightened
I'll take one too!

Vinh might need to upgrade the dual fan cooling system too, in order to REALLY push the X9 way beyond 20,000 lumens.

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
$400 for a 20k lumen light from olight is reasonable. Considering the x18 or whatever it was called with 18k lumens costed an arm and a leg and a kidney.

kj2

Flashaholic
Think with the built-in fans in the X9, Vinh can't do anything big. Can't change the board since that will probably be connected with the fans.

ven

Flashaholic
+
vinhs rc40vnF pretty much covers that category anyway, not sure what it could bring to the table other than more flood, looking at the reflectors.

Have a feeling it will be more than $400 as well, seems.............dare i say it , too cheap. But then again fans are a couple of $'s, just having water proof ones , the cost may bump up a little.

rngr633

Newly Enlightened
YES. Must have. Take my money now. Resistance is futile. Olight X9 Marauder. 25,000 lumens for 5 mins, then step down to 6000( from Shot Show booth sign posted on Facebook). With a bigger heatsink, faster fan, who knows what Vinh & Wayne can do. An X9vn please!

LarryB

Enlightened
The Convoy BD06 costs nothing, but seems to be machined to standards close to that of the high end lights. Tail cap threads are Acme and well anodized, although the switch is a reverse clicky so no need to lock out with the cap. The body to head threads are also Acme, but not anodized for a good guaranteed connection. Because the switch is a clicky VN4 or VNX2 should be able to be adapted, and the reflector looks like an XHP35 or XHP50 or perhaps even an XHP70 could give it some real performance (although I admit I have no understanding of exactly what parabola works best with what emitter). The 26650 should allow a reasonably high current, so this could be a reasonably priced equivalent to the R50 with the functionality of a Vinh driver. That could be a real winner.

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like to take this chance to thank and congratulate Vinh for really listening to our suggestions in this thread and pushing our requests to production! Also, it is amazing that he is releasing such a great diversity of lights (keychain, EDC, flooders, throwers, searchlights, pendant lights, with trits, 26650, 16340, popcan, user lights, budget lights, collectibles, even AA lights which he hates, for goodness sakes!!). there is literally something for everyone. Keep up the great work Vinh!!

Last edited:

Offgridled

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like to take this chance to thank and congratulate Vinh for really listening to our suggestions in this thread and pushing our requests to production! Also, it is amazing that he is releasing such a great diversity of lights (keychain, EDC, flooders, throwers, searchlights, pendant lights, with trits, 26650, 16340, popcan, user lights, budget lights, collectibles, even AA lights which he hates, for goodness sakes!!). there is literally something for everyone. Keep up the great work Vinh!!
Well said liteboy. I can only imagine the hours of research let alone hands on work Vinh does. Then throw emails, posting and videos into the mix. He's very dedicated to flashlights and us flashaholics.

LarryB

Enlightened
De-dome maybe an option for the elzetta, but the risk of a not so nice tint shift.

What am I missing? I have one of Malkoff's P60 drop-ins in my Bravo. Why couldn't Vinh make a P60 with more throw if that's what Beast wants?