LionHeart HA3 Now Building

Status
Not open for further replies.

bindibadgi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think he meant Whaaa...? to the ding. Mine has a small indentation directly centred beneath the serial number and I don't care if it is meant to be there or not. I kind of like it actually, so I never complained. Maybe it is supposed to be there? Is yours centered? Anyone else?

BTW while I'm typing, thanks again Charlie, George, HAT and everyone else involved. I love this thing to bits. Yeah OK when I'm wall hunting I notice some artifacts, but hardly, and let's face it - who notices when the thing is in real use? Not me! All I want now is Otok's candle mode head attachment and maybe a reflector with some more throw for when I want that. But as it is it is almost impossible to beat, and I reckon it will be a long time before this light gets topped by anyone (prove me wrong Charlie /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif).

Glad to see so many are arriving, and (almost) everyone is happy. I hope everyone's issues are worked out and we can all get on with enjoying our little pieces of art.

Oh yeah, and MERRY CHRISTMAS! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/santa.gif

Minjin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received mine yesterday and I'm still playing with it. It really is a fantastic flashlight. The beam isn't 'perfect' but I don't really care about that. Its not quite as bright as I was expecting. For the first couple minutes, its very nice, but with the direct drive, I guess its going to have to dim a bit before it stabilizes out. This is fine with me and I kind of like watching the beam dim a little bit so I can know when its time to change the batteries. The only actual complaint I have is that the light flashes when I sit it down on a surface (when its on and I'm using it in candle mode). I guess that means that its losing contact somewhere, but the spring seems tight. Hmmm...

The threads are a bit rough as well, but I'm going to see about cleaning them up and hope that helps. All in all, I'm very pleased with this little light. The knurling and placement of the knurls is PERFECT. I love how it feels in the hand. The switch is nice and feels just right. Sure, I wouldn't want to sit there and hold it down for a while, but why would I ever need to do that? And lastly, I really like this shade of HA3 because when it scratches or develops knicks (like in the knurling), which all lights will eventually do, it won't show up nearly as bad as it would on a black light.

Thanks!

Mark

bricksie

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
MR Bulk said:
No, the ding!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it came with a ding in the bezzle. Can't tell how it got there, but the packaging was intact with no evidence that it was opened. Just bad luck I guess /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif You can also see some (barely noticeable) much smaller dings in the body just below the serial number.

lh_ding.jpg

bricksie

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Minjin said:
The threads are a bit rough as well, but I'm going to see about cleaning them up and hope that helps...

[/ QUOTE ]

If you can't get the Caig products locally, go to a hobby shop that sells model train stuff and get some Rail-Zip - it's used to improve conductivity for model trains, as well as to prevent the carbonization of contacts. It will also lubricate your threads quite well. Put some on a Q-tip and run it around the threads - you will notice a lot of gunk coming off.

Wong

Newly Enlightened
Any recommendation of lubricator to lubricant the threads ? Mine few a little rough /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Merry X'mas and happy new year to all

Best regards
Wong

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: More LionHeart HA3 Build Pics

[ QUOTE ]
MR Bulk said:
RAD NEWS BAD NEWS SAD NEWS - - -

As I might have mentioned a while back, I was anticipating (rather foolishly as it turns out) people taking one battery and one charger with every one light sold, but everybody bought up extra batteries (after all they were only $18 vs. the regular price of $24) and before I knew it I flat ran outta batteries. I had since ordered more thinking their arrival would coincide with the build of the HA3 LionHearts - but NOOOOOO - the batteries are not yet here.

I did just now receive via e-mail a shipping notification for them, but am unsure whether this is from JS Burly's directly (which should be real fast) or ... from HONG KONG!!! This would mean a POE point at the California Customs hub, after which when cleared would then make a u-turn and come back to Hawaii. Pretty dumb but that's the Customs bidness.

I apologize for the delay, the batteries were ordered in as proficient and timely a manner as possible and presently I must wait a (hopefully very) short while longer - which unfortunately means so must all you loyal and faithful LionHeart buyers. I feel very badly about this and supplier delays are a "part of the business" as I am painfully finding out.

Of course I will update here the very nanosecond I find out more about their shipping progress and especially, their shipping origin...! I have already submitted phone and e-mail messages to the supplier at this very moment. Please stay tuned...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm quoting your post from 12/1/2004 so it cannot be edited away.

Is this what Jon mentioned HERE where you in fact DID have the batteries
in hand yet LIED about it to give yourself more time?

Is Jon correct in stating that the truth was the run was late, but
to save your face you lied about the batteries and pushed the
blame on Jon?

Hmm...

marcspar

Enlightened

David,

I have enjoyed using your modded lights in the past, but I must ask why you keep attacking Charlie, even here where it is certainly not appropriate?

Both Charlie & Jon are saying the SAME thing, Charlie had a shipment of batteries on hand, but need more due to people wanting more than one per light.

Charlie is NOT saying he has NO batteries; he is saying he needs more....

If you have a jeer, please post it where it belongs.

Marc

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

Thanks Marc,

Dave has agendas but they are obviously not well supported.

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
marcspar said:
David,

I have enjoyed using your modded lights in the past, but I must ask why you keep attacking Charlie, even here where it is certainly not appropriate?

Both Charlie & Jon are saying the SAME thing, Charlie had a shipment of batteries on hand, but need more due to people wanting more than one per light.

Charlie is NOT saying he has NO batteries; he is saying he needs more....

If you have a jeer, please post it where it belongs.

Marc

[/ QUOTE ]

Marc,

This was not intended to be a jeer, rather to bring to attention
that there was a discrepancy here... what Charlie said and
what Jon said. Please follow my link. Jon is so bummed that
he needed to let fellow CPF'ers know what really happened for
his own conscience sake.

It is in fact relevant to this thread because, one thing was said
to a large group of CPF'ers, while another actually happened.

I am simply bringing attention to these discrepancies.

Why are do you insist on defending Charlie instead of pursuing
the facts? What does my lights have to do with anything?

Please back to the topic... Did he or did not have the batteries.
If he didn't, why would Jon lie? hmm?

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
MR Bulk said:
Thanks Marc,
Dave has agendas but they are obviously not well supported.

[/ QUOTE ]

My intention is to root out the truth.

Charlie, did you or did you not have those batteries at the
time you posted 12/1/2004?

Don't avoid the issues. See JonSidneyB's post HERE and HERE

Kiessling

Flashaholic

4sevens ... please continue this discussion in the appropriate "Revelations" thread in the Announcements Forum. It is understandable that the current issues need a pressure outlet, but as Sasha explained, there is only one place to do so. Please do as Sasha requested in order not to pollute other threads with disrupting issues.
bernhard

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sorry Bernie,
My bad... Back I go... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Finbar

Newly Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
4sevens said: I'm quoting your post from 12/1/2004 so it cannot be edited away.

Is this what Jon mentioned HERE where you in fact DID have the batteries
in hand yet LIED about it to give yourself more time?

Is Jon correct in stating that the truth was the run was late, but
to save your face you lied about the batteries and pushed the
blame on Jon?

Hmm...

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
4 sevens said: My intention is to root out the truth

[/ QUOTE ]

Doubtful.

First off, I am not a Bulk "cheerleader" - I do not own any of his lights(little $).

What I see is a repeating pattern by 4 sevens and others to have other people's threads locked.

4 sevens and others have done this repeatedly with impunity.

The only visible consequences that I see, are the light maker's threads closed and that person's business being disrupted.

Maybe they see other custom light makers as a threat to their own business.

Trashing another person's sales thread is a violation of CPF rules.

*See Rule Violation #4.Flaming/Baiting/Trolling/Banning

Quote: "None of these will be tollerated. In most instances, you will be asked by a moderator to edit your post. If you decide to ignore the moderator, you will be banned until such time as the problem is corrected."

*See Rule Violation #7. Double and Cross Posting

4 sevens broke this rule several times in the previous two pages alone.

In the "Revelations" thread, Sasha specifically required that the comments be restricted to that thread.

4 sevens did not comply with Sasha's request.

Seem 4 sevens does not care about CPF's rules...or even Sahsa's requests to the CPF members to comply with her posted wishes.

He continually and repeatedly breaks CPF's rules.

My only question is, how nuch longer will this behaviour be tollerated?

Fin

P.S. I will not post is this thread again.

Kiessling

Flashaholic

Finbar, you should read those rules you are quoting yourself, have a look at what I stated a few posts above and stop your attacks asap or have your posting privileges removed instead of this thread closed.
Like you said ... it is not the purpose of this forum to have threads closed due to attacks and other disruptions. So please heed your own advice.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif
bernhard

stringj

Newly Enlightened

Not that you or anyone else has asked for my opinion, but this thread should be closed or locked since the last pertinent post occurred 12/25/04 at 10:14 AM.

Jerry

Status
Not open for further replies.