Litepro Closes Its Doors

PocketLights.com

Newly Enlightened
Litepro, maker of the Litepro Teknolite, closed its doors this week. Joe Tchira, owner and founder of Litepro, has decided to shut down his company so he can work in his wife's real estate business. Litepro holds the patent for using self generating gaseous tritium light sources (GTLS) as locator lights in flashlights. Tritium is a harmless radioactive isotope that glows on its own and is used in night sights on firearms. Its use is regulated by the NRC (Nuclear Regulatory Commission). The Litepro Teknolite has tritium locator lights in the flashlight head so you can find it in the dark.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Litepro also made the Quasar, a small coin cell flashlight with a combination white/UV LED and a surveillance device (bug) detector built right into it.
I keep it on my keychain as an EDC device - yes, I like it that much. :)

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
BUMMER!

I always thought that was a GREAT feature for a flashlight. If they had only made something pocket sized, I probably would have bought a bunch of them.

Hopefully the patent will sold/leased and that special bezel will remain in production.

Last edited:

RadarGreg

Enlightened
I just bought two of the Quasars in the GITD color from Pocketlights.com. The RF detection feature is pretty cool. I'll try it out on some of the radar systems I work with and see how it does at detection. Thanks for the review, Craig!

:sold:

idleprocess

Flashaholic
RadarGreg said:
I just bought two of the Quasars in the GITD color from Pocketlights.com. The RF detection feature is pretty cool. I'll try it out on some of the radar systems I work with and see how it does at detection. Thanks for the review, Craig!

:sold:

Hopefully those radar systems don't fry it!

RadarGreg

Enlightened
idleprocess said:
Hopefully those radar systems don't fry it!

The one I'll test it with is very low power. You could stick your tongue on it and would die from dry mouth before the radiation ever got you!:crackup:

beakman

Newly Enlightened
That's too bad. I have a LitePro Spitfire Lux I that, while a little big in the bezel for EDC, is the brightest single CR123A flashlight that I own. According to flashlightreviews.com, it has more overall output than the Surefire E1L or L1, Nuwai Quantum III, Longbow Micra, Peak Mediterranean, Glacier Bay or Atlantic, and Inova T1; and it out-throws all but the E1L and L1. It also has a pretty decently regulated 1 hr 44 min runtime to 50%. And it only cost me $36. A nice light overall.

beakman

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
PocketLights.com said:
Litepro, maker of the Litepro Teknolite, closed its doors this week. Joe Tchira, owner and founder of Litepro, has decided to shut down his company so he can work in his wife's real estate business. Litepro holds the patent for using self generating gaseous tritium light sources (GTLS) as locator lights in flashlights. Tritium is a harmless radioactive isotope that glows on its own and is used in night sights on firearms. Its use is regulated by the NRC (Nuclear Regulatory Commission). The Litepro Teknolite has tritium locator lights in the flashlight head so you can find it in the dark.

I wonder who has the patent on GID locators for flashlights?

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
looks like m@glite got em.... SHEESH!

-David

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I posted minor updates to all three pages of my website containing Litepro products (the Teknolite, the Quasar, and the Kee-Biner) saying that Litepro has closed its doors.
:( :mad: :shakehead: :mad: :(