Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Sat 25 Feb

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Sun 26 Feb

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK just got back from my recce - it's not bicycling weather really!!! - anyway, on with the info.

All residents parking bays in the area are valid until 8pm on Saturday - then it's free parking.

The pay and display bays (or the phone and pay bays) are active until 6pm and cost 20p for 7.5 mins (i.e. £1.60 per hour - limit of four hours) - I shall be using these I hope.

The Car Park on the Heath is £2.50 for up to two hours, £5.00 for up to four hours and £4.00 PER HOUR after that!!! It shuts at 8.30pm.

The pub looked warm and cosy and I wish I had brought my bicycle lock (or some cash!!)

See you Saturday!

BTW, my bike lights were a Fenix HP11 on the helmet, a Thrunite TN11 and a Fenix TK21 on the handlebars. I 'Lumed' some trees with my Klarus XT20 and Dereelight DBS V3 XML ASP. . . . nice. . . . (although I think I startled a lady and her dog).

Essexman

Flashlight Enthusiast
i just had a look at the weather for the weekend. Wrap up warm chaps, it's gonna be a cold one. We might even see a little snow.:eek:

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking forward to tomorrow, but I'm starting to think I should not ever be involved in choosing a date for a meet. After Devil's Dyke and the worst wind chill south of the Arctic Circle, we are now poised to meet in the snow!

Might make for some nice photos if my fingers will work the camera controls.

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
That'll look lovely over a nice fleecy!

I hope you included the tassles...

BTW, I really don't think that now is the right time to market paracord Vajazzles, despite your best intentions, Mark!

TallNHairyDave

Newly Enlightened
It's gonna be damn parky, and I've lost my Zippo hand warmer!

Must pop out tomorrow morning and see if I can pick up another one!

I'll be tubing in to Hampstead (straight up the northern line from home, hooray!) so will need to get back to the tube by 11:30ish to make sure I can get a train home from there.

Last edited:

TallNHairyDave

Newly Enlightened
Oh right, now you want one too ? PM me your measurements.........

@T n H Dave, are you bringing anything orange with you?

Well, definately the belt and neck lanyard you did for me. :)oh and my new custom phone pouch from metropolicity over on EDC forum.

I'd rather not bring any of my orangey knives to show as its not a private room in the pub...

Last edited:

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can I have the lime green bikini, if it's taken then shocking pink would be my second choice.

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was going to ask if it was possible to have a mankini in orange and yellow, but I think we are digressing too much.

Got my throwers ready to go....

Essexman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, definately the belt and neck lanyard you did for me. :)oh and my new custom phone pouch from metropolicity over on EDC forum.

I'd rather not bring any of my orangey knives to show as its not a private room in the pub...

Oh yes, I've been looking through his pouches on MTO, great work, I look forward to seeing that.

No no, I didn't mean sharpe things, just wondered how far your orange went!

Sorry guys all bikinis are taken.

TallNHairyDave

Newly Enlightened
Oh yes, I've been looking through his pouches on MTO, great work, I look forward to seeing that.

No no, I didn't mean sharpe things, just wondered how far your orange went!

Sorry guys all bikinis are taken.

Ahhh, no, most of my orange is related to sharp things at the moment... I do have an orange abs shell flip open wallet somewhere, but much prefer my THE wallet to it. Might bring it along for folks to see anyway.

With luck my second metropolicity pouch will have arrived today or tomorrow morning, so I'll strap that to my ruckie (sorry its coyote brown, not orange)

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nothing too spectacular, so hopefully you won't be disappointed.

Although possibly not classed as a thrower, the Armytek Predator 1.2 plus three interesting budget lights.

The first budget light is the

Small Sun ZY-A25 zoom (CR123),

sku_90634_4_small.jpg

the second an unbranded XML zoom (18650)

140.jpg

and the third is the Ultrafire WF-008 Recoil Thrower (18650)
sku_22934_1_small.jpg

All of which are surprisingly good performers, especially the WF-008

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I won't be disappointed, I like all lights, but partial to lights with a bit of throw. I am not a dedicated thrower guy otherwise I would have bought a Olight SR90, TK70 etc. I have the Armytek Predator and really like this one, so much i bought two.

I like the look of the T40CS and can't wait to see it. I have also heard goods things about the Mag85.

TallNHairyDave

Newly Enlightened
Batteries are all charged, foam for the Peli case didn't arrive, so I'll pack the torches I'm bringing in their boxes and the 18650s in my mini Peli case.

Aiming on getting there about 4:30ish :)

See you tomorrow folks!