Looking back, which light are you now embarrassed for giving so much high praise for?

DMitchell

Banned
What part of "greatest compromise considering everything that you're getting" did you not understand? Struggle with it a bit longer. :D

PS. Enjoy your angry purple tinted lights. :D

Lol, what part of the P60 format has no hosts that accept AAA batteries did you not understand? Struggle with it a bit longer.:D
And, even though the lights I have listed are not HiCRI, warm, or neutral does not mean they have a bad tint. There are actually people on this forum that prefer cool white over all the other options. I guess you are showing your close-mindedness again. At least you're consistent!

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast
^^ If you read the 2nd sentence in post #4, then you might have a point with your disagreements thereafter.

We're going to go in circles, let's agree to disagree.

piglet

Newly Enlightened
Re: Looking back...

I got an inova x5 a few years back, now the aaa torch on my keyring can push out more light...

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was going to add my thoughts on a light I had high praise for but after reading your thread I realized it's just another one of your "my opinion is the only opinion" threads. I refuse to add to this.

How many times are you gonna :dedhorse:

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I know which light you are talking about :D It's actually cool that you decided to mod it with a 219.

No dead horse here. Just stirring up conversation in an otherwise bland forum.

iqwozpoom

Newly Enlightened
Now that malkoff makes aa e series bodies anybody can make a one aa p60. Also a solarforce "3p" with a zero rez shorty is another aa p60 host. I still love the maglite solataire and plan on getting one of the led solataires soon. Something about the form factor of the solataire speaks to me. My first real led light was a streamlight jr, 3 aa's and a side switch! I can't think of a light that I loved and now hate. I tend to go for lights that are well machined so I can mod or host them. If it's a dog out the box it's a dog, but if Its nice to hold and easy on the eyes I can work with it. As for fenix, if it wasn't for the single aa and single aaa fenix lights I would have never started. I still don't have one of those but the two fenixes I have are great.,
One light that I do have that I was less than impressed is the d'mini. But that has an 18500 tube on it now, and the xml pill with an emitter swap on the way. I guess with the price and praise that light gets I was expecting more. Same with jetbeam.

tel0004

Newly Enlightened
My first high end light was a surefire 6p LED. I bought this in 2010 or so (for 20.00). It was a great deal, but the design was a bit outdated. I was simply amazed at how bright it was. It was the best flashlight I had ever used. I quickly got a 4sevens Quark AA2, then later a Quark CR123(2), and those put the surefire to shame. Smaller lights, multi mode, better run time. I still own the 6p, its a good light, but I don't think its been touched in a few years.

jaycyu

Enlightened
P60 copper quad at 5.6A.
"Wow 1999.99 lumens!"
Yeah, no one told me it doesn't throw.
Mine's Xp-g1 Hi-Cri, so it hasn't reached its potential yet.
I love the tint and is my go-to light, but the powerhouse I carry outside the house is my XM-L1 5A, which is due for a replacement from a 6.5A DD.
One day, I'll upgrade my quad to Xp-g2 4000k.

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah it's going to be floody, or try a 10621 optic for a bit more punch :D

VanIsle has some throwy quads using Khatod optic

a5ddc88c.jpg

77877f4f.jpg

Left

If only he was around to make more of these :D

Lumenz

Enlightened
My first high end lights, before finding CPF, were the Pentagon flashlights. I thought they were the greatest lights conceived by human minds. After finding CPF, they collected dust. I do not even know where they are any more.

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm embarrassed for heaping so much praise onto Lummi lights, and actively helping to generate sales. Truth be told, the lights are still fine, but the business practices leave me not just embarrassed, but actually feeling guilty too that people have lost their money. I now join that long list of people still owed their order long beyond the initial promised date.

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Maglite line. Prior to finding LED's in 2010 I though the Maglite light line was the bomb. I had 3 of those lights - 2D, 4D, and a 2AA.

My first LED flashlight in 2010 was a Fenix LD20. Side by side with the Maglite there was no comparison.

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's an interesting one:

I'm embarrassed to have so praised the 2010-ish 4Sevens Quark AA^2 Tactical. Because not everyone can afford a $70 light.

edpmis02

Enlightened
Minimag Led 2-AA. I loved the fact you could take the reflector off and use it as an electric candle. I hate the PWM on low mode and its performance on half dead cells. (1.3v). It is a crap shoot it high mode comes on, and sometimes it does after a few tries. I have two Rebel models, and I cleaned the light countless times thinking it was a dirty connection and good Eneloops charged in my PowerEx charger only took 300MAH to top off..

I see MiniMag 2xAA and Mag 3xD combos packs for a great price.. (< $30) but it still not seem worth it.

My Lux III Mag 2xD light is worthless! I take the reflector off and use it as a bathroom night light during power outages. It is dim.. and I put my finger on the LED and even taken the led module out after running it for a while, and it is cool to the touch. Maybe it got damaged after the battery leakage and I had to pound it on some cinder blocks to get the batteries out?