Looking for a great thrower.

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for all the help! I went ahead with the olight M3x. a light that wasn't on my original list, glad i asked.

It is a nice light - you will enjoy it. It will make your RRT-2 look like a toy. Check in again when you want to upgrade the M3x. I've measured the M3x at about 42,000 lux @ 1 meter. I've measured some lights out there that are close to or over the 100,000 lux @ 1 meter mark.

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for all the help! I went ahead with the olight M3x. a light that wasn't on my original list, glad i asked.

I predict when you click this Baby on, it's gonna give you an ear to ear grin! ... :thumbsup:

AutoTech

Enlightened
As per my dedicated thrower thread, get yourself a fake A9 with the Tiablo collimater head. I've got genuine A9 and fake and the fake throws a perfect emmiter shape and blows away the genuine (much to my dismay). It's incredible for throw!

Chidwack

Enlightened

I think you made a good choice. Get ready to light up the night. Another positive that I think you will enjoy with the M3X is battery life on high mode. With AW and Redilast 2900 and Callie Kustoms 3100 batteries you will get over 2 hours of superb throw. It feels good in my hand and is easy to use. Tail stand it and it still gives great light from ceiling bounce to light up a room in a power outage.

yiyans

Newly Enlightened
Modded:whistle: And that's why it's even more powerful than stock V2. Why? Because Thrunite not only swapped an emitter but also reduced current from about 3,5A to 3,0A. 'coolperl's' Catapult has XM-L driven at 3,5A and still 7G5 outthrows it easily.

The dealer i got the light from claimed that 7G5 out shines and out throws V2.

Coolpearl's data did show something interesting. I'd love to see a detailed review from selbuild.

Breathing Borla

Newly Enlightened
good luck with the light OP, throwers are sure fun.;

I love my catapult V2, I grin every-time I turn that thing on. I fire it up daily just to think, my god does that put out some light.

i run AW 18650's and it runs a long time, much better than the crapfire 3000mah I started with.

btw, I have 4 barely used 18650 ultrafire 3000mahs if anyone wants them.:naughty:

yiyans

Newly Enlightened
As per my dedicated thrower thread, get yourself a fake A9 with the Tiablo collimater head. I've got genuine A9 and fake and the fake throws a perfect emmiter shape and blows away the genuine (much to my dismay). It's incredible for throw!

AutTech: I was thinking of getting the A9 with the collimater head when I came across a tread saying 7G5 being the replacement of A9 or A10 something...
I thought 7G5 would stop my "throw itch" for a while and you are telling me here about A9 being incredible for throw!
Man you had me thinking again. Scratch

BTW do You tell if a A9 is genuin?

AutoTech

Enlightened
AutTech: I was thinking of getting the A9 with the collimater head when I came across a tread saying 7G5 being the replacement of A9 or A10 something...
I thought 7G5 would stop my "throw itch" for a while and you are telling me here about A9 being incredible for throw!
Man you had me thinking again. Scratch

BTW do You tell if a A9 is genuin?

My genuine A9 does focus down the same as the fake, forgot about a spacer o ring the fake had! I fitted to the A9 and it's the same, so I'm happier now.

The thing is, I've got a TN11 which throws ok so I was actually after a dedicated thrower, ie no spill. The Tiablo A9 with the aspheric head and the o ring spacer focuses down and throws the square emmiter shape. Not everyone's idea of useful, but I wanted a new type of WOW light and it's certainly that when you project this square of light!

The 7G5 uses a reflector head for the throw and the aspheric head for the A9 has no reflector, just a lens so there's no spill. Depends what you want really.