Looking for a versatile, rugged, 1x AAA, flashlight...130$ max

kubus_pl

Newly Enlightened
Im looking for a small, versatile, 1x AAA, keychain, edc flashlight.
It must be rugged(especially the keychain mounting) and high quality finished.
Budget: 60-130$ - it isnt problem to take a second-hand one.
It must have minimum 2 modes: high(min. 60 lumens, max 100 lumens - with min 30 minutes runtime) and medium mode about 10-30 lumens - 20 lumens would be great! - with good(min. 4 hours) runtime.
Extra modes are welcome, but I dont care at all.
My dreamlight would be a McGizmo Sapphire/ARC AAA Ti body with electronics from 47 Preon Revo SS.
I just love all about the Revo SS, except the SS body. Well, high quality SS is great in watches etc but if we're talking about gear, I just love titanium - Sebenza is my holy grail.

Btw. Is it possible to remove the electronics from Sapphire/ARC Ti and put there electronics from Revo? Are there any modules that can be simply user replaced and that I could buy separately? Smtg like module - Cree Xp-G S2 with electronics(like the one from Revo)?

I'd love smtg like Muyshondt Aeon Ti if it were about 150$, not 300$ and running on 1xAAA not CR2, but well, life is brutal ;)

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about the Klarus MiX6 Titanium?
XPG-R5, with basically the same current-controlled electronics as the REVO, and is rumored that is why the REVO is discontinued.
Has a titanium body that looks great.
Well under your price limit at about $69.

Seems like a perfect match for you.

Last edited:

kubus_pl

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, Ill consider it.
I dont know why, but I dont like the look of klarus.
Atm im considering: Peak Led Solutions - but which model matchs my needs the most? SS is good with Peak.
But still, I'd love to have Ti Arc/McSapphire with Revo/Klarus electronics...

Last edited:

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, Ill consider it.

Well, I suppose that is subjective. However, it IS the Revo current controlled circuit, and it is titanium, and it is the only thing in the world that is going to give you that combination,and it is a lot lower than your price limit. So that might help you to accept the look.

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, Ill consider it.

Well, I suppose that is subjective. However, it IS the Revo current controlled circuit, and it is titanium, and it is the only thing in the world that is going to give you that combination,and it is a lot lower than your price limit. So that might help you to accept the look.

kreisler

Banned
in theory the Klarus should be extremely rugged (because it is impossible to break a lense of this size and anything small/light which drops on hard floor is less likely to break than larger things). design?, yep matter of taste. here are more of this kind. they should be all equally rugged:

you seem to be informed VERY WELL already so i am not sure what ..
If you can go up to 150 bucks, then yeah, any custom producer can produce something even more rugged (see the ones you named). i dont see anything wrong with Chin*se mass-produced AAA-rugged's in the 30-60bucks range (see picture above).

good luck

kubus_pl

Newly Enlightened
So far I like the most: Preon Revo SS(but I dont like the look of that one at all), McGizmo Sapphire, Univex Titanium AAA and Peak Led Solutions - but which model will fit my needs the most?
It must be titanium or eventually SS(only Peak), must be AAA powered. Must cost around 100-130$ max and so on(like in the first post)

kubus_pl

Newly Enlightened
Ive finally decided to add 20$ extra and get my self an Univex Titanium AAA OP Reflector. Fantastic look(elegant and sporty at the same time - you can attach it to your keys or put it in your slacks/suit/tuxedo), nice/pretty good UI and modes(well, I prefer low or mid at the start, but high at the start has some advantages). It accepts protected 10440's and has really nice clicky-system. The build quality looks to be great/very good and its very, very rugged - Titanium(Ti Alloy 6AL4V) thick walls + full kength cut knurling. All that sounds just f6@^ing great!

Thanks for help guys!