Looking for an LED light to equal the Brinkmann Maxfire LX light.

Buckshot

Newly Enlightened
Hello, new here, so I hope this is not some kind of violation or been asked before and I can't or didn't find the old answer.

I have had and carried a Brinkmann Maxfire LX for a couple of years after phasing my Surefire Green 3P Christmas Light out after finding it not bright enough on a night pistol match.

Can't find a second Brinkmann Maxfire LX, apparently discontinued. Been thinking about an LED light to save on battery life. Really don't like using "non-standard" batteries like the CR123. Recently saw a Coleman light advertising 144 lumens and apparently running on 3 AA cells.

I tested the Brinkmann, after I got it, against a Surefire Nitrolon 2 X CR123 light after dark out in the boonies, and found them to provide the same amount of light.

So, I am looking for something in the $30.00 or less category to carry with me along with my cell phone and my CCW. Never leave home without any of those three.

Thanks,

Buckshot

Streamer

Enlightened
I know what you mean. Hard to get used to another light source once you've been using it for a while.

Like you, I went from xenon to led also.

Still have the torch you speak of Brinkmann MaxFire LX in original packaging. Fired it up and never used it. If any interest, let me know.