Rotary Tailcaps for Surefires/ Tactical Light

SimulatedZero

Enlightened
Dipping back into the world of flasaholics. I'm working on a couple new duty lights and it seems the world has changed a bit. I want a new surefire 6PX to mount on my belt, but I saw they all come with forward click tail caps these days and that's not something I'm interested in. I missed that they started moving away from rotary tailcaps.

So, I'm looking for alternatives. Elzetta makes a rotary switch, does that fit on the 6PX? I'm looking at the 6PX to drill out the battery tube for an 18650 cell to make my life simple.

Also, if I have to get a new light and new switch, I might as well go to a Weltool build, but again, still looking for that momentary only option. Same question about Elzetta rotary working on a Weltool 18650 body. I saw the Elzetta bones, but no momentary tailcap for that.

My current setup is an old Surefire Z2 with a nail bender drop in. I don't want to scavenge the tail cap from that one though. I'd rather do a whole new setup. I also have the newer Olight warrior stuff. I use the Warridor 3S for teaching lowlight engagement courses and it works well for that. Every once in while it will give me a fit about modes or lighting up the first press (maybe one in a hundred to two hundred activations). I'll still use that and the new X 4 as duty lights, but I want a surefire for my primary.

What options are out there to give me a rock solid single mode light with momentary only? Trying to stay below $150 if I can. I've got a lot of kit to outfit in one go.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
The bones has a momentary. Are you looking for only momentary and no constant on?

SimulatedZero

Enlightened
The bones has a momentary. Are you looking for only momentary and no constant on?
Essentially yes. I'm looking for momentary only press with twist for constant on. The bones only had the forward click tail cap. The elzetta rotary switch said it wouldn't fit the bones.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Yes but a half press Gives you momentary. Then all the way down for constant.

SimulatedZero

Enlightened
Yes but a half press Gives you momentary. Then all the way down for constant.
I'm only interested in momentary only switches for this use case. It will be used as a primary duty light where it's very feasible I may have to draw a weapon or otherwise endure a high stress response. I don't want to deal with remembering to turn the light off. Squeeze = on, let go = off. That's all I need/ want for this use. Otherwise it would be a great choice.

NH Lumens

Enlightened
Dipping back into the world of flasaholics. I'm working on a couple new duty lights and it seems the world has changed a bit. I want a new surefire 6PX to mount on my belt, but I saw they all come with forward click tail caps these days and that's not something I'm intere......
This will work;

NH Lumens

Enlightened
combatflashlight-1.jpg

Dave D

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could always stick with your Z2 and upgrade it with the Malkoff M61SHO, that'll give you 750 lumens.

Malkoff M61 SHO

If you would rather run it on an 18650, instead of a 16650, then there are replacement round bodied 6P Bodies available already bored for 18650's.

Replacement 18650 SF 6P Body

IMG_7096.jpeg

The one in the middle has the replacement 18650 round body.

Last edited: