• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired looking for longest throwing led light

FBA

Newly Enlightened
dabiscake , my M6 has an internal tread for the drop in.but the stock led assembly do not hv the external tread , it is potted to the head .

Stingray

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would have to say the the Surefire X200 is the longest throwing LED I've ever seen, and it's small and easily pocketable too. I've never seen an L1-PR-T 917 though, so I might be off base here. How about a shootout? Who owns both? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif

FBA

Newly Enlightened
dabiscake,if i get a Mc module drop in , will the throw be better than the stock M6 led?

dabiscake

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
FBA said:
dabiscake,if i get a Mc module drop in , will the throw be better than the stock M6 led?

[/ QUOTE ]

IIRC, the stock Pelican M6 does use the stock Pelican reflector, correct? Then the throw of the drop-in or other PR-T options as other mentioned would be similar, if you want to get an idea, but much brighter with a Lux III driven to 1A.
Now, that's why I advocate the use of a cut-down 30mm... IMHO, this setup is on top when it comes to throw. I know a lot of people don't like the 30mm, it does have a donut hole you have to adjust to when I use it with my 5Watters, but for single die LEDs, it's a tight, bright and clean hotspot, with limited side spill. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

albert

Enlightened
FBA, now that you've seen my E2D+PRT+McE2S+DB917+LuxIII, you can go ahead to PM Tylerdurden to build/sell his piece.

Bins for LuxIII to go for are TW0H, TW0J, TW0K, TX0J & TX0K.

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Stingray said:
I would have to say the the Surefire X200 is the longest throwing LED I've ever seen, and it's small and easily pocketable too. I've never seen an L1-PR-T 917 though, so I might be off base here. How about a shootout? Who owns both? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That may be so but it is not designed for hand-held use but for weapon mount. That's why ws sold his off.

Stingray

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use mine for handheld use more often than for weapons mount, it works just fine.

FBA

Newly Enlightened
i,ve just met up with Albert.saw his E2D+PRT+McE2s+DB917+Luxlll and some of his other lights.All of them are indeed very impressive. great throw.but i like the E2D with the above configuration most. it out throw my M6.Nice to hold and fun to look at.two stage light..great.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
The X200 has the tightest beam of any 1" head I have seen so far. It does not out throw the 27 mm reflectors. Although designed as a weapon light, the X200 is a great hand held, IMHO.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Aside from that one or possibly the modified L1s, the McGizmo PR-T917s are currently the 2x123 LED long throw champs. I have four of them and they all outthrow the E2E incandescent with fresh batteries.

Neither they nor any other LED light can yet equal the throw and intensity of comparably sized very bright incandescent lights (the E2E is not a 'very bright' 2x123) but because of regulation, LED durability and McE2S they are often a better EDC unless you need blinding brightness along with accurate color rendition.

I somewhat reluctantly stopped EDCing my PM6 xenon and TL-2 xenon in favor of the McPR-T917.

Brightnorm

FBA

Newly Enlightened
couldn't agree more there, brightnorm.how long before the brightness drops to the next level from full brightness for the low and high mode?

FBA

Newly Enlightened
is there one that doesn't dims to the next level? i mean just flicker and shut down.yes BB should do it,but will it be as bright as the DB?i prefer those that just shuts down cause i'll be getting constant brightness all the way.

dabiscake

Newly Enlightened
what kind of reflector does the PR-T use again? A souped up Pelican reflector for the extra turbohead throw?

FBA

Newly Enlightened
gee dabiscake,i only know that it is a Pelican Reflector.
what do you mean by souped up ?

FlashlightOCD

Enlightened
I think the longest throwing LED would be the famous Photon King [where is that now anyway?]. Assuming you want to spend less than a grand then I think the Space Needle II would be next best throw but it is DD and slightly BULKier.

For a small regulated light any of the PR-917's are excellent. The L1-PR917 is two stage and of excellent quality, but it really doesn't have any better throw than the other PR-917's.

FBA

Newly Enlightened
thks FlashlightOCD.Yup the Photon King is a beast alright.Ya.. where is it any way now?Spaceneedle.. ya it has monster throw, but too bulky for me and it is direct driven.
The PR-T+DB917+Luxlll is next on line. the current throw champ for its size.
i like the 2 stage tail switch. suits my work.

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
FBA said:
thks FlashlightOCD.Yup the Photon King is a beast alright.Ya.. where is it any way now?Spaceneedle.. ya it has monster throw, but too bulky for me and it is direct driven.
The PR-T+DB917+Luxlll is next on line. the current throw champ for its size.
i like the 2 stage tail switch. suits my work.

[/ QUOTE ]

What work do you do? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Stingray said:
I use mine for handheld use more often than for weapons mount, it works just fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, ok, I must be wrong then since Don says so too but ws told me he found it a bit too hot to handle /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif