Looking for new EDC

defusion

Enlightened
Hi CPF, been a while!

Currently using surefire 6P with a drop in which I've had for quite a few years.
It's too big for EDC in my pants, so looking to change things up.

Would like a 1xCR123 light with pocket clip and clicky, at least 300 lumen on high (more is better!), but be able to change the brightness with a ring before turning on the light.
Looking at the nitecore SRT3 right now, which would be at the top of my budget, and maybe it could be a bit smaller as well.
Would like to be able to use RCR123's and regular CR123's.

Most options i've found have overly complicated UI's for selecting brightness. HDS rotary looks sweet, but too expensive for me currently.

Would love to hear your thoughts!

Chevy-SS

Enlightened
Yeah, I agree 100% that Surefire 6P is too big for every day pocket carry.

I have been EDC'ing Quark 'tactical' 2xCR123 series lights for about 4 years now. They are the perfect size IMHO, and the new ones will output 840 lumens in 'burst' mode.

Since you seem to want something smaller, Quark makes a nice light that uses 1 AA called the "Quark Tactical QTA". I recall reading somewhere on this forum that Selfbuilt measured the lumens output at ~500, using a 14500 battery. So this easily exceeds your desire of 300 lumens. I truly love the 'tactical' UI on the Quark (FourSevens) lights. There are plenty of modes to choose from, but you select your favorite two modes and program them into the light (one for tight head and one for loose head). This way, you ALWAYS know how the light is coming on when you hit the switch. This is the best UI for EDC light IMHO.

Anyway, that's my $.02, hope this helps.... good luck! :D

defusion

Enlightened
After looking through some pictures, the nitecore size is actually pretty nice. Should fit the hand well without being excessively bulky, and hopefully small enough for pocket carry.
Perhaps some of the more compact 2xCR123 lights might work as well. I would prefer right around palm-size.

Any thought some something more in between? Any 18500 flashlights out there?

Also found the Sunwayman V11R which is looking promising. Will have to read some more reviews about that one though.