Lost my 007

Hodsta

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gutted. Really sorry to hear this mate. Hope luck your luck improves and it turns up.

tanasit

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am so honored being a member of this very fine forum.
Griff ... :bow:

Anything I can help, I am in.

Tanasit

billybright

Enlightened
David,

I'm really sorry to hear you lost your 007 :shakehead

Have you looked down the sides/under sofas, car seats etc?

If you would let us,
I'm also more than willing to help get you another one :thumbsup:

Hope it turns up very soon!!

- James

easilyled

Flashaholic
As you know David, I'm very sorry to hear about this (via your PM)

I would certainly also put your name down if I caught another Sales Thread.

I wish there was something else I could do to help.

Griff, that's a marvelous gesture by the way.

dizzy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I too am sorry to hear of this. I can't be without my spy for more than 24 hours, or I get nervous that I lost it. It is the first thing I pick up in the morning, and the last thing I put down before bed.:)

I would be glad to pitch in for a new one also, so I will be monitoring this thread. Just say the word.;)

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
If there is something we all can do, perhaps chip in towards a new one, please know that I'm in too! dmdrewitt is one of the great ones, and I'd be honored to help out.

What a damn shame. I've lost one decent light and it still pains me. :ohgeez:

ArsMachina

Enlightened
Hi David,

I am sorry to hear these bad news.
I can imagine how you feel, half a year ago I lost my polished 005 the same way - I carried it in the front pocket of my yeans and at the evening it was gone :(

With that experience I got a vertical holster from Matt for my 007 but yesterday the holster with the 007 inside fell of my belt. Fortunally I heard the "bang" when the holster met the ground...

But these lights are users like no other lights around, so I will go on taking the risk of loosing them. Without a Spy I fell so naked :)

I hope you will have more luck than I had and your Spy will turn up again!

Jochen

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry for your lost light dmdrewitt. I lost my favorite EDC last week [of much less value: Jetbeam C-LE] due to a hole in my pocket. It does take a while to feel right again.

If you put your name on paper in your lights, you may want to use the waterproof-tearproof stuff from a post office or FedEX envelope, or from an old floppy-disk cover. It's a bit harder to write on, but lasts a lot longer.

paulr

Flashaholic
I think lanyards are not exactly the answer and that some kind of belt leash or chain would be better, like for a pocket watch.

I'm also willing to donate a few $$ if that helps.

Rudi

Enlightened
Nothing seems to help except time, lots of time. A while back I lost a one-of-a-kind brass Larry-Light that I had carried for years. I still harbor hopes that it is only misplaced, but time has soothed my disappointment, as it will yours Dmdrewit.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry to hear that. I'm going to assume you've made a really thorough search. I can't tell you how many times car seats have swallowed something and then I find it six months later. Get one of your other lights and cover every square inch in you car (assuming that's how you get to work). Then look at anywhere else you sit. Lights don't usually jump out of pockets but when sitting they slide out easy enough. Recall every place you sat. Sorry if you've covered all that but I know it's easy to get caught up in the loss and not always cover every nook and cranny. Carry nothing you value without a lanyard.