lowest low on a budget light

scott2907

Newly Enlightened
wow - some great suggestions there, and lots to think about. I think I'll be buying the ITP EOS upgrade, as I've heard lots of good stuff about it. I like the cyberlite too, might get one of those to see how it fares. I've wanted a zebra for camping for some time, and it's on my "serious lights" list. That's the one I save up for! So thanks for all your suggestions, comments and help - all very welcome advice.
Next stop - ITP EOS.

boomhauer

Banned
wow - some great suggestions there, and lots to think about. I think I'll be buying the ITP EOS upgrade, as I've heard lots of good stuff about it. I like the cyberlite too, might get one of those to see how it fares. I've wanted a zebra for camping for some time, and it's on my "serious lights" list. That's the one I save up for! So thanks for all your suggestions, comments and help - all very welcome advice.
Next stop - ITP EOS.
I doubt that you will regret your purchase of the iTP, it seems to be the current benchmark for bargain-quality in a keychain light - good low, too.

scott2907

Newly Enlightened
Well, its here. I'm surprised at the excellent build quality and beam quality. There are no rings or artefacts and the low is very low - lower than the E01 and its exactly what I wanted. I didn't like the look of the body on pictures - but its much nicer in person. I'm buying another! Thanks for the recommendation!
lovecpf

tylernt

Enlightened
If you want something still lower the Photon Rex is a possibility. Also the Photon Freedoms.
Yeah I can't beleive nobody mentioned the Photon Freedom earlier -- they can ramp up or down from bright to dim. I have them in red and "NV Green" and the NV Green is usable for walking on the lowest level (red needs ramped up a bit). They come with a necklace or you can clip it to a belt loop for handy access. Or use the included clamp on the brim of a hat. Versitile, cheap, and batteries should last a darn long time on low... sounds perfect for this application.

scott2907

Newly Enlightened
sounds good, might try one of those as well. you can never have too many lights right?