LS, SE pill for the 1 AAA Legend.

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
Arc mania...I'll take one of the AAA's also! GREAT looking piece of work!

PJD

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast
A smaller unit is in the works. Not quite as small as a photon but maybe close. This light will be made from my lathe using aluminum and will use a 1 watt white HD. Heres what maybe a shock. It will use one "N" cell and have a 1 hour run time. Also the unit will be regulated. Stay tuned........ Thanks for the comments.

ARC mania
grin.gif

Anarchocap

Enlightened
Oh my goodness!! If building lights isn't already your day job, maybe it should be?!

Oh, and I'd take an N-Cell Photon-like sized light over a Solitare one any day of the week... If that is any hint where you might want to focus your attention?! I'll take smaller and bright over bigger and bright just about any day of the week.

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for answering my questions Arc Mania. I'm very interested in the 5w 3v pill and now the N cell 1w LS - WOW!!! (I'm more interested in the N cell mod than the solitaire mod to be honest).

As someone else has already said, I'm waiting as fast as I can.
grin.gif

Jon

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hate to inform everyone that I became frustrated waiting and waiting for the transistors to show up for both the 1 AAA and 2 AA converters and decided to contact the company again. I was told that they won't be ready until April even after they sent me an e-mail stating it was sent. I'm burnin up at this run of the mill company!! I would drop them in heartbeat. I have a do as I say character and hate doing a half @ssed job and making promises I can't keep. I would drop this company in a heartbeat but I already paid for a 5K quantity back in December and made the PCB's to accept only this part. I will keep pushing this company for a earlier date. In the meantime, I will look at every inch of my house, closets, under cabinets, work bench etc...... I know I have at least 30pcs lying around some where. This is the last pc of the puzzle that I need. Everyone please be patient. Your welcome StoneDog. If anyone has any questions, please ask. I will keep everyone posted.

ARC mania

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
N sized 1W regulated LS?
I will be leaving the country pretty soon, I guess I will have to somehow keep an eye on this tread. A single N cell driving an LS with regulation? Whew! Imagine a tiny light on the ole' keychain that is really, really bright? Wow!
smile.gif
Yes, I would pay $100 for something like that as long as it is waterproof.
AB, you are the man! The mod looks perfect, imagine what the body will look like? Have to complete my latest mod and save up some bucks to send to AB.

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
originally posted by BentHeadTX:
...AB, you are the man! The mod looks perfect, imagine what the body will look like? Have to complete my latest mod and save up some bucks to send to AB.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">AB? i thought he was Arc Mania?
confused.gif

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
shiftd,
Yes, you are right I am getting confused!
smile.gif
This is a great year for both the mega-monster 5W mods and the micro-sized lights in the Luxeon flavor.
My fingers get ahead of my brain sometimes.

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*
All I can say right now is W-O-W!!!
shocked.gif
Very nice work!
bowdown.gif

"The 2 AA unit draws 930ma from fresh alkaline batteries and the efficiency is at 90%." That's pretty darn good!
I have interest in all the units described above here, but I don't think my wallet will be able to support buying all of them
wink.gif

(and I may not survive the beating from the wife).
twak.gif

When you have pricing info, let us know. Looks like you already have more than enough people interested.

Tsao

Newly Enlightened
Originally posted by LEDmodMan:
"The 2 AA unit draws 930ma from fresh alkaline batteries and the efficiency is at 90%."
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Just a quick calculation
2AA=3V
3V*930mA=2.79W
the LS is 1W
How can this be 90% efficiency?
frown.gif

Thanks for any comment.
smile.gif

Wylie

Enlightened
ARC Mania,
I have tried to send you an email three different times and I am unable. I did send a P.M. that seemed as though it went through. I am interested in your product and would like to know what they will cost. Email me anytime you like.

Wylie

Y2Kirk1028

Enlightened
Originally posted by Tsao:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by LEDmodMan:
"The 2 AA unit draws 930ma from fresh alkaline batteries and the efficiency is at 90%."
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Just a quick calculation
2AA=3V
3V*930mA=2.79W
the LS is 1W
How can this be 90% efficiency?
frown.gif

Thanks for any comment.
smile.gif
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Tsao, that should be the the 5w LS he's referring to.

Kirk

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Everyone,

I'm sorry for my late response. I have finally got a price for the 1 AAA Legend. I don't mean to scare everyone to death with this price. The price is $70.00 each. I hand make every PCB and solder all components myself. It takes 1 hour to 1 hour and 30 minutes to build one converter. I use two resistors the size of this period. (0201 size) as well as a SOD 323 schottky diode as well as a 0402 size capacitor. The most difficult and most costly part is the select 1 watt LS SE from bin#Q2H or Q4H. If People are willing to pay $70.00 per flashlight I have to make sure that the light is not a pea green. I should have a small of 1 AAA Legends by next week. Iwould like to be fair to everyone and sell by going down the line from the begining of this post to the end. I should have a price for the 2 AA Legend using the 5 watt LS SE sometime next week.

ARC mania

curvie

Newly Enlightened
Yay!!! I'm glad to see that we can finally get to enjoy some of your handiwork. Despite the steep price, I belive the amount of effort put forth and meticulous detail is reason enough for me. Besides, I am a flash-o-holic. Looking forward to hearing from you.
smile.gif

cheers,

Victor

amtrak

Newly Enlightened
Two resistors the size of a period?!!
I'm amazed at the thought of the micro-handiwork.
I'd like to be on the list for the 5 watter as well...