Lumens to Lumens

Status
Not open for further replies.

groutboy_1

Enlightened
I keep to two sticks In my back pocket if I need a fire...I enjoy listening to vacuum tube radios! I play pong, and a Atari 2600!

TEEJ

Flashaholic
I keep to two sticks In my back pocket if I need a fire...I enjoy listening to vacuum tube radios! I play pong, and a Atari 2600!

LOL

Take two aspirin and send me a smoke signal in the morning.....

groutboy_1

Enlightened
"I'm lighting a candle for guys In incandescent land! Lol... If you can't see the smoke signals...I'll use some of my LED Lights to signal!!! LEDs Forever!!!!"

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
You have pretty no posts in all those years, and that mass posting is what You want to be be remembered for?
Has that account been highjacked?
:thinking:

PS: no need to convince ME of the led "being better".
If you have ever in those years followed what I post, you should know ...
:rolleyes:

groutboy_1

Enlightened
All in fun,and jest..though my point is still proven...The old incandescent vs LEDs bias is still alive and well...But, to such a lesser degree...That No-one from the LED side of the forums...They don't even bother to raid the incandescent forum anymore...LOL...Oh, those days were funny...You guys never had so much attention...With back and forth banter from incandescent supports vs LED supports...There was some funny tech pro's-&-con's stuff flying around...

Last edited:

dc38

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the east coast of the yoosah. In the place wher
All in fun,and jest..though my point is still proven...The old incandescent vs LEDs bias is still alive and well...But, to such a lesser degree...That No-one from the LED side of the forums...They don't even bother to raid the incandescent forum anymore...LOL...Oh, those days were funny...You guys never had so much attention...With back and forth banter from incandescent supports vs LED supports...There was some funny tech pro's-&-con's stuff flying around...

Perhaps some background into your profession would help us understand why you may find it enjoyable to spark and fuel such debates? OP asked a somewhat 'leading' question to which many of us have speculated or provided answers to...

groutboy_1

Enlightened
By all means, you 1st. If you read this thread in its entirety. It could be seen by any none biased persons. The LED bias is here .

Last edited:

dc38

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the east coast of the yoosah. In the place wher
By all means, you 1st. If you read this thread in its entirety. It could be seen by any none biased persons. The LED bias is here .

With a background in Mechanical Engineering, I currently work with/on LED lighting fixtures that sport (In my humble opinion) some of the most beautiful LED tints and color rendition in the world. I'm all for the longevity and technological advance of LED technology, but as stated in another thread, I find that sometimes LEDs are not the solution to every lighting need. It may also be subjective to personal preference and/or engineering standards requirements, etc. Also in my personal opinion, it is within human responsibility to be able to produce efficient technologies such as LEDs while mitigating the detrimental effects of their production on the world we live in. That being said, while LEDs are an immediate patch to energy costs and 'sustainability', it all boils down to how LEDs can generate the most money whether in revenue or cost reduction. If we ignore the negatives that are usually not seen by public eyes, then LED tech is THE lighting tech pioneer of the future.

Back to the OP's primary concern as TEEJ mentioned, beam shaping is an integral part of how the light is rendered to our perception. An older incan may have greater lux with less lumens because of the bulb/reflector shape, and the color of the light may have something to do with what our eyes can perceive.

groutboy_1

Enlightened
A healthy employment background in a depressed job market...I always had a fascination for all things about lighting...As my dad would say, light is a reglious or mystical path, as seen throughout ancient history...But, for me the consumer. I haven't seen any new age incandescent flashlights that meet or exceed any current led taclight.

rojos

Enlightened
So no one would argue with you over there, so you came over here to start a fight? The funny thing is that no one here really wants to argue with you either.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
If I deleted the off-topic posts there wouldn't be much in the way of recent posts in this thread, so I guess we're done here. :rolleyes:

Just a FYI, petty bickering like this isn't appropriate for a discussion subforum.

Status
Not open for further replies.