Lumintop SD10 (XM-L2 NW U2 - 1xD 3xAA 1x26650/32650) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS+

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lumintop doesn't seem to have too many dealers - but you can always order it directly from the manufacturer. Just contact them through their website.

Thank you. I think that's what I'll do.

Ebay creeps me out...

--flatline

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I sent an email to lumintop 5 days ago and have received no response.

Does anyone know if the neutral SD10 on ebay (listed as 750L) is the 2nd revision with the orange peel reflector and audible switch?

--flatline

chadvone

Enlightened
When I go to Lumintop website and click on the SD10 I hear your video review playing. I hear it, I do not see it.

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ha creepy sb!!
I keep pondering this light as I have many d cells kicking around, it seems like a good house emergency light with its battery versatility, do you know of any othersingle d cell lights ?
Thanks

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ha creepy sb!!
I keep pondering this light as I have many d cells kicking around, it seems like a good house emergency light with its battery versatility, do you know of any othersingle d cell lights ?
Thanks

Home Depot has 1D Eveready lights for less than $3 each. Clearly they're not quality lights, but they're suitable for burning through the miscellaneous D cells I have accumulated over the years.

The SD10 is the only "quality" (multi-mode, reasonable electronics inside) light that I'm aware of that can use the 1D configuration. I'll probably break down and purchase one eventually.

--flatline

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
The only thing to keep in mind (as shown in the review) is that max output is a lot lower on 1xD. But it certainly is a good choice for burning through old D cell batteries.

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only thing to keep in mind (as shown in the review) is that max output is a lot lower on 1xD. But it certainly is a good choice for burning through old D cell batteries.

I almost never use more than 50 lumens unless I don't have a choice (aka single mode flashlight), so the "limited" output of the SD10 on 1D doesn't seem like much of a limitation to me.

--flatline

JWP_EE

Enlightened
I just received my second SD10 and it came with a greatly improved AA carrier.

The new carrier holds 4 AA cells and is constructed of all metal. It is two metal discs on each end with insulated rods between them. Each metal discs has an insulated copper disc in the center and is the positive terminal. The tail cap spring has a spiral that leaves the center open and the insulated positive terminal fits inside it so the spring only contacts the outer part of the end disc (negative terminal). This construction means the carrier can be put in the light either way and be connected correctly.

The AA contacts on the carrier are also quality. A hefty spring for the negative terminal and a thick copper disc on the positive end.

I haven't used the carried in the light yet because I worry that the voltage will be too high and I bought it to use with D cells.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
That's good to know, thanks for sharing. I saw a comment somewhere else suggesting that the new version is also brighter on 1xD, but I don't have any actual data on that. Glad to hear they are continuing to improve this model.

JeffN

Enlightened

The new carrier holds 4 AA cells and is constructed of all metal.

Where did you buy it? I just checked around and even Lumintop's site still says 3xAA. I'd like one with the carrier you described but don't want to get what appears to be the superseded model. Thanks.

JWP_EE

Enlightened
Banggood. They also list it as 3XAA carrier. I don't know if I was just lucky or if they have changed the carrier and never updated the description. $50 and delivery took 2 weeks.