Lummi XR-E Offers (Camo ,XR-E Ti)

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would love to have this upgrade done on my alu Raw , but I dont want to part with my old 190lumen Red or its reflector...what options do I have??

Goran

Newly Enlightened
(I'm not sure where to post this so I'll post it on the Raw thread as well as in the battery sub forum so the mods can just delete one if it is against rules)

I just received the raw ns Cree. Tested it for about 10 min on high and some more on low, I suppose it ships with the batteries charged. Everything works fine but after using it I wanted to test the charger too and placed the battery in it.. The instructions state that the charging will probably last about 45 min (and in this case the light did not start to dim before charging so it should take less than that), and when it is charged it should stop charging and the led on the nano charger should change from red to green. Well, it is charging for about 9 hours now and it's red. Being an unprotected Li-ion I moved it to the balcony, just in case.

I use a converter to plug it in as the UK (I thing the US is similar) standard is different than the European one that we use, but that should make no difference.
Something like this:

blowup-vp-4.jpg

O, another question.

Li-ions are sensitive to heat, so I suppose taking it with me to India if I'm going in a period/region with high temperature (like over 40 C ) is not a good idea?
I'm also not sure if the charger works there?

P.S. Rob is out of office so asking him is not possible at this time.

Thanks,

Goran

Last edited:

chocho

Newly Enlightened
Goran said:
O, another question.

Li-ions are sensitive to heat, so I suppose taking it with me to India if I'm going in a period/region with high temperature (like over 40 C ) is not a good idea?

Thanks,

Goran

Goran - just run it off primary (non rechargeable) CR2s in India.

1. It's a Cree - thus - even with a primary CR2 you'll get way more than enough light to function with (on high).

2. It will run for a looooong time (12+ hours) - in case CR2 batteries are few, far between, or really expensive where you are going.

EDIT: Doh! :ohgeez:You have the RawNs. Sorry. No CR2. My bad.
-C

Last edited:

Dusty

Newly Enlightened
joema said:
The CR2-powered regular Raw XR-E with three output levels seems a more general-purpose light from a run time/brightness standpoint. However the Ns is smaller. If you want the smallest possible light with the greatest possible output, the Ns XR-E is it. Personally I would have preferred backing down the "high" level drive current to about 500 mA or so, which would have given the Ns a little more utility.

What's this about a light with three output levels? All I can find is the 2 stage switch on Lummi's site.

Last edited:

Goran

Newly Enlightened
Goran said:
(I'm not sure where to post this so I'll post it on the Raw thread as well as in the battery sub forum so the mods can just delete one if it is against rules)

I just received the raw ns Cree. Tested it for about 10 min on high and some more on low, I suppose it ships with the batteries charged. Everything works fine but after using it I wanted to test the charger too and placed the battery in it.. The instructions state that the charging will probably last about 45 min (and in this case the light did not start to dim before charging so it should take less than that), and when it is charged it should stop charging and the led on the nano charger should change from red to green. Well, it is charging for about 9 hours now and it's red. Being an unprotected Li-ion I moved it to the balcony, just in case.

I use a converter to plug it in as the UK (I thing the US is similar) standard is different than the European one that we use, but that should make no difference.
Something like this:

blowup-vp-4.jpg

O, another question.

Thanks,

Goran

The same thing happened with the other battery though it was just barely used.

There I san «electric» sound, like zzzzzzzzzzzzz… coming out when charging for some time, I don't know if it is normal or not?

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Goran,

The 45mins Charge time is an error on the web site. We still need to correct that :ohgeez:
The Nano charger should charge a 14250 cell in 3-4 hours. You should then see a green light. Check the connections are good & if your light is staying Red then you may have a faulty Nano.
Please confirm your findings on a email & we will make good any problems.
:thanks:

I see no problem with an ambient 40 Deg C for the Battery. Take care to only use high for burst though.