• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

LunaSol 20 advisory & update !!

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Is the upcoming wave of Lunasol 20 going to have new converters that allow the use of 3.6V Rechargables?

Yes, the lights will have GD400's driving the Osram Dragon and they are buck/boost drivers.

Edwood

Enlightened
Yes, the lights will have GD400's driving the Osram Dragon and they are buck/boost drivers.

Yes!

Hmmmm. I'm struggling as to which one I want, the PD-S or the Lunasol 20. Perhaps the answer to this question will help decide for me. Are the threads in the upcoming PD-S wave changed from the originals? i.e. Are they smoother turning? If the Lunasol 20 is smoother turning, I might like that one better. Although I really like the more neutral to warmer tint of the Seoul P4 in the PD-S.

-Ed

McGizmo

Flashaholic
.... Are the threads in the upcoming PD-S wave changed from the originals? i.e. Are they smoother turning? .....

-Ed

The specified threads are the same as they have always been. The machine shop has gotten better at cutting the threads and they use go/ no-go gages in evaluating the threads. The PD-S heads are the latest parts I have received from the shop. I consider the threads the same for these or the LunaSol 20 but YMMV. :shrug:

Edwood

Enlightened
The specified threads are the same as they have always been. The machine shop has gotten better at cutting the threads and they use go/ no-go gages in evaluating the threads. The PD-S heads are the latest parts I have received from the shop. I consider the threads the same for these or the LunaSol 20 but YMMV. :shrug:

Ah, I see. So the threads on the LunaSol are not cut different than the PD-S, the machine shop got better at cutting them.

LOL, that doesn't make it easier for me to decide. :p

Yeah, yeah, I'm hearing "Buy them both" in the distance.....

starfiretoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last night (Hawaii Time) i received an email from McGizmo's wave notification thread that i subscribe to. Looks like a "tide" of LS20's with the buck/boost GD400 and improved lens will be arriving this forum soon. I'm posting this as way to thank McGizmo for the notification thread. Helps with the heads up.

Don hope all goes well on your end and Good luck to all.

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm posting this as way to thank McGizmo for the notification thread. Helps with the heads up.

Don hope all goes well on your end and Good luck to all.
I would also like to extend a thank you for using the notification thread. Unfortunately this go around, I don't think I'll be able to afford one at first. But as time wears on and if the 'tide' lasts as long as you expect it to, I plan to pick one up eventually.

chellyc

Enlightened
Another thank you for the notification thread. I configured my email to send a text message to my phone when CPF messages arrived. <Tee-hee> Worked great!

Chelly

Last edited:

starfiretoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now don't go refreshing the McGizmo forum every 30 seconds:crackup::laughing::grin2:

Another thank you for the notificaation thread. I configured my email to send a text message to my phone when CPF messages arrived. <Tee-hee> Worked great!

Chelly

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Indeed, it worked so well I probably refreshed this page three hundred times today. Unfortunately, there is no (tha tI can figure out) instant notification of new threads...

Now I am seriously considering skipping one of the high points of my week (martial arts) to stay close to the computer.

Edit: At least I didn't miss it working out!

Last edited:

Leef

Enlightened
Don, so then can your Lunasol 27 be run on an 18650 (assuming
I use one of my 18650 PD bodies)?