• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Lunasol 27 Head Diameter

tsl

Enlightened
I've searched for the bezel diameter of the LS27 but could not find anything. Can anyone help?

I did find a picture of the LS 27 next to a SF U2. It looks like the heads on both are comparable in size ... it that true?

souptree

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just happen to have an LS-27, a U2 and a set of Starrett calipers within reach so I can answer this one without even getting up!! :party:

LS-27: 1.367
U2: 1.465

Interestingly, my S27-PD comes in at 1.357.

Let me know if you need any other measurements. :wave:

souptree

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually, that does make me wonder -- can someone measure a Makai bezel, please?

tsl

Enlightened
I just happen to have an LS-27, a U2 and a set of Starrett calipers within reach so I can answer this one without even getting up!! :party:

LS-27: 1.367
U2: 1.465

Interestingly, my S27-PD comes in at 1.357.

Let me know if you need any other measurements. :wave:

Thank you. Many had commented about the bezel diameter not being that appropriate for EDC, so I was wondering just how big the bezel was. Do you find the LS-27 being bezel heavy or is it fairly well balanced?

souptree

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you. Many had commented about the bezel diameter not being that appropriate for EDC, so I was wondering just how big the bezel was. Do you find the LS-27 being bezel heavy or is it fairly well balanced?

I would estimate I have EDC'd either an LS27 or S27 several hundred days combined. Either is a chunk of a light, but they balance really well. I find the extra benefits of both of the larger heads worth the compromise in added size and weight, but I can easily see how someone might reverse those priorities, and there are days that I do as well. I have been primarily carrying the S27 for the past couple months.

I prefer my PD-S when it is riding in my pocket (because it's smaller), but once it is out of my pocket, in my hand and lit up, I prefer either the S27 or LS27 for use. I find both are superior to the PD-S as actual user lights. The LS27 is essentially a PD-S high combined with a Mule-ish low. There is no downside to either vs. a PD-S beyond the added size/weight.

That said, my PD-S is the VERY LAST LIGHT I would ever sell. There is just something about it. It is the precious...... I don't think I am alone in this.....

The best advice I can give you is to get them in your hand. There is simply no way to evaluate this decision through CPF alone. You have to hold the physical lights and use them in YOUR environment to know which one(s) will actually ring your bell. You may be surprised to find that it winds up not being the one you thought would do it for you. That was certainly the case for me with knives. Everyone is different. The great thing about the PD McGizmos is that you can get your money back out pretty easily via BST, so it is possible to cycle through them and get your hands on several, even if you can only afford one at a time.

Latest posts