• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Lupine Betty Cree XML U2 ***UPGRADE BOARD***

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr.lumen

Enlightened
so to make this work in a mag D you would need the board, the driver from george and heatsinks from you. what battery setup and size mag D would work to push this monster ? and how much are your heatsinks. this is very appealing for a mag mod. thanks!

Britelumens

Enlightened
I have a ready made head module in MAG D finned if you are interested? It include, finned head, lens, heatsink and of course the XML U2 board.

so to make this work in a mag D you would need the board, the driver from george and heatsinks from you. what battery setup and size mag D would work to push this monster ? and how much are your heatsinks. this is very appealing for a mag mod. thanks!

mr.lumen

Enlightened
really... what size mad is it? what kind of batteries and how much does it cost? thanks!

I have a ready made head module in MAG D finned if you are interested? It include, finned head, lens, heatsink and of course the XML U2 board.

garbman

Newly Enlightened
Hi Jo
How many users do you want, to proceed with such project for the wilma?
Currently we are 2 (me and johnyjackpot)
Maybe I, or you, should ask in the bicycle section of this forum if there is any interest..
Im sure that we can do something here.
This upgrade will kill...

Hi garbman,

Is possible if there are enough interest among the wilma users.

Regards,
Jo

Britelumens

Enlightened
Hi Garb,

I tried add a thread in the bike forum section (in cpf) so Betty users with the older boards will benefit if they have not seen this sale thread.
But I was advised that I cannot cross reference by MOD. You can help to spread the news if there is a chance so others who want to upgrade will know.

As for the Wilma. I am happy to work on that but I am not sure how many wilma users do we have here to start a run with the XML U2 bin emitter. I guessed at least 20 and above would be cool.

Yeah, the respond has been really good and I believe it will be a killer upgrade for the older Wilma users.

Hi Jo
How many users do you want, to proceed with such project for the wilma?
Currently we are 2 (me and johnyjackpot)
Maybe I, or you, should ask in the bicycle section of this forum if there is any interest..
Im sure that we can do something here.
This upgrade will kill...

frankarooney

Newly Enlightened
Any chance of some comparison shots between the standard Betty and your mod? I've got the 1850 lumen internal PCS, if there was a discernible difference I'd definitely be keen to upgrade.

Jackasper

Enlightened
Hi, was wondering what became of the possible upgraded board for the Wilma? Would love to have one if you can swing it...

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had inquired about this before myself. Wish we could generate enough interest to make the project worthwhile.

Karl

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well no....whatever number might justify you designing and manufacturing the hardware.

Karl

Led_Blind

Enlightened
Hey, I'd be interested as well.

I picked up an older betty and wilma sporting the older SSC P7 leds, the lupine pricing is excessive for a board upgrade.

Wondering if its possible to make our own replacement led boards, there has been a significant leap in technology since these versions were produced. On the WANT list is a a board and leds for each in the 4-5k range neurtal white... hi CRI would be good were it not so yellow

Britelumens

Enlightened
Hey, I'd be interested as well.

I picked up an older betty and wilma sporting the older SSC P7 leds, the lupine pricing is excessive for a board upgrade.

Wondering if its possible to make our own replacement led boards, there has been a significant leap in technology since these versions were produced. On the WANT list is a a board and leds for each in the 4-5k range neurtal white... hi CRI would be good were it not so yellow

Betty upgrade ready to ship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts