M@g 3300L

tjhabak

Enlightened
I would also like to know if 6 1/2 D cells would work in a 3D host with the 3300L - with no modifications to the light.

The 3D Mag will hold 5 half-D's. That combo would work. Mac lists the 3300L as compatible with 4-6xNIMH cells or 2x3.7v Li-ions. Also, the Mag Charger battery pack is 5 half D's and will fit well in a 3D Mag. On newer models you'll have to use a small rare earth magnet on the positive end to make contact because the wide positive terminal of the battery won't make contact with the base of the switch housing.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

AR_Shorty

Enlightened
Re: Mag 3300L

The 3D Mag will hold 5 half-D's. That combo would work. Mac lists the 3300L as compatible with 4-6xNIMH cells or 2x3.7v Li-ions. Also, the Mag Charger battery pack is 5 half D's and will fit well in a 3D Mag. On newer models you'll have to use a small rare earth magnet on the positive end to make contact because the wide positive terminal of the battery won't make contact with the base of the switch housing.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

That's great news! I can buy a Mag charger battery from BatteryJunction and a charger made specific to that battery. Then I could plunk this drop-in into my 3D Mag body. The only downside is the output would probably be somewhat lower.

tjhabak

Enlightened

That's great news! I can buy a Mag charger battery from BatteryJunction and a charger made specific to that battery. Then I could plunk this drop-in into my 3D Mag body. The only downside is the output would probably be somewhat lower.

It shouldn't be less bright. I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think they are direct drive, so as long as the input voltage from the batteries is within the specs for the driver, the output will remain constant.

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast

Guys I have the optics in house be prepared for shipping notices.

Thanks Mac

Loomin

Newly Enlightened

The anticipation is killing me!! I've been checking my email every hour for the last 5 days lol

Loomin

Newly Enlightened

Got my light yesterday!! :party: Like everyone else mentioned, the quality is second to none. It's really nice that people still care about quality these days and not just price. I got the 4500K 1100 module. The beam it puts out is simply amazing. It is actually quite strange to explain it. It doesn't really have a super intense beam that is so bright that it reflects back and blinds you. Yet it is bright enough to light up an entire block evenly, the strange part is that it my eyes perceive the light being the same brightness at 20 yrds as they do at 60+ yrds (very easy on the eyes). Having 3 modes - This very well may become my most used outdoor light. I was shining it outside and my neighbor saw it from inside his house, so he decided to come out and investigate. His exact words were, "it looks like the sun shining down when you point it there"

Thanks again Mac, i hope i didn't bug you too much while i was waiting, i know these lights take forever to get but WELL worth it!!!