Pick 1

• M22 Warrior

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Nitecore SRT7

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters

SouthernSorrows

Newly Enlightened
yet another help me pick thread I haven't even gotten the Nitecore p16 in the mail yet I just ordered and I'm already looking to buy another light >_<

If you had to pick from the Olight M22 and the Nitecore SRT7 which would you get and why ? , while I'm not LE or anything like that I just like the tactical style lights. These type just always fit into my style and comfort of gear I carry around.

From all I've read the olight is simpler to use, more compact, built better "like a tank and extremely bright" while the SRT7 is 99.9% as bright as the olight, has more brightness levels and has twice the battery life on similar output settings vs the olight

I keep runnin through my head do I want something more compact,simpler to use or go for the one with more features, brightness levels and 2x battery life.... I have 63 duracel CR123a's and 4 3100mah 18650 rechargeables

the main feature attracting me to olight is the double tap the rear cap for max brightness for when I got walking in deep woods and you get the what the hell was that noise two clicks and it's instant daylight, where the Nitecore you have to use second hand and twist the head/ring to change brightness.

The main attraction to the SRT7 is the infinite "well 40 modes" of brightness, and similar throw/spill and lumen output I could care less about red,green,blue lights it has.

There's no real need to buying one of thee 2 lights above I just unpinched a few pennies and want another light :devil:

Before anyone suggest it I already have an eagletac G25c2 mkii the 1030 lumen version which is mounted to my saber defense AR

SouthernSorrows

Newly Enlightened
and PS I'd buy both if I could afford it lol but I can't so just 1 ....................... for now

ven

Flashaholic
I voted for the m22,my reasons as i own an m20 and many nitecores,closest one to what you like the p25.

The olight just feels that more solid,the olight comes in a case,just a more "complete" purchase imho with its accessories.

Olight have really grown on me from just 2 i own.........so far,there will be more!!
The m22 is in my watched,has been for a while,just vinh gets in my way...........in a good way of course :laughing:

So thats my reason of choice,i just think it will last longer,better made,more accessories and also looks very nice too:twothumbs

Edit-missed the longest throw,not looked into that side sorry:rolleyes:

But would still pick the m22 for above reasons as i cant see there being much difference anyway.........in throw

2nd edit-just check the manufactures claims.......yes i know maybe exaggerated but if to a standard then should be accurate

Last edited:

MBentz

Enlightened
If you want a tactical single 18650 light I'd suggest you look at an Armytek Viking or Predator. The flashlight feels significantly more robust, and build quality feels a lot better when you're holding it. Nitecore lights feel rather cheap in my hands. Almost as if I could break it with my hands. I had an SRT5 and got rid of it for those reasons.

If I had to pick between the M22 and SRT7, I'd go for the Olight.