• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

M2Xvn

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Vinh, is there any chance of having an XP-L HI 5000K as an option? I'm guessing it'd be slightly less throwy than the XP-G2 but brighter? The 6500K is too cool for my tastes.

Yes this is an option. I can custom order the LED for yah. Same price as XPG2 version. Place order anytime.

uofaengr

Enlightened
First, want to thank Vinh for the great customer service and very fast shipping. Couldn't believe mine already came yesterday.

Initial impressions :
Very glad I went with the XP-L HI 5000K. Nice tint and definitely not cool. Very bright too.
I couldn't detect any scratches on mine and the V54 engraving is very nicely done.
My higher drain cells won't be in until tomorrow so all I had to test was a protected Keeppower 3400mAh so I hope to get even more output, but in comparison to other lights it looks like I'm getting at least 1200 lumens.

Ran it on high for a couple 1 minute bursts and felt literally no heat on the head. I will try to run it longer when I get some time and can get outdoors. I got the extra copper heatsinking and think it's well worth it. Didn't have time to get out much past 100m, but plan on taking the rangefinder out and see how far I can get. Can't wait to see how it performs on the 10A cells. So far, couldn't be more pleased and need to track down a diffuser for it just to have. The length with a single 18650 is perfect and SO glad I didn't go with the M3XS-UT and its super long 2x18650 configuration.

Last edited:

Kevin1322

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice. I just picked one up from the sale too. I don't know where I've been, but when I saw this thing was doing 385k lux with an XPG2 I couldn't believe it! I'm going single mode direct drive as it would only be used for long distance spotting and fun. Who knows, maybe it will break 400k lux! Though probably not as even Vinh says he thinks his readings are low. Anyway, should be a fun light!!!

uofaengr

Enlightened
Yes, it's a very nice light especially for the price. I think for right now I set mine at 1%-30%-100% no memory being in the house, but I will most likely end up with it on mode 1 (single mode 100%) all of the time.

pvsampson

Newly Enlightened
First, want to thank Vinh for the great customer service and very fast shipping. Couldn't believe mine already came yesterday.

Initial impressions :
Very glad I went with the XP-L HI 5000K. Nice tint and definitely not cool. Very bright too.
I couldn't detect any scratches on mine and the V54 engraving is very nicely done.
My higher drain cells won't be in until tomorrow so all I had to test was a protected Keeppower 3400mAh so I hope to get even more output but these were my initial lumen estimates on DriverVN2 mode 11 or 13 (can't remember).
1% - couldn't detect
5% - 60
15% - 180
50% - 615
70% - 848
100% - 1200 on activation (1192 @ 30 sec)

Ran it on high for a couple 1 minute bursts and felt literally no heat on the head. I will try to run it longer when I get some time and can get outdoors. I got the extra copper heatsinking and think it's well worth it. Didn't have time to get out much past 100m, but plan on taking the rangefinder out and see how far I can get. Can't wait to see how it performs on the 10A cells. So far, couldn't be more pleased and need to track down a diffuser for it just to have. The length with a single 18650 is perfect and SO glad I didn't go with the M3XS-UT and its super long 2x18650 configuration.

Olight 63mm Diffuser should be pretty easy to get,I got one and works well on the stock version. Congrats on the new light too.

uofaengr

Enlightened
On fully charged NCR18650GA I feel like I'm getting over 1300 lumens. I have some Samsung 25Rs coming and eager to see how they perform in comparison. Still need to get out to some distance though.

Last edited:

uofaengr

Enlightened
I was finally able to get out to some distance and try this thing out. With a rangefinder I was able to verify distances of about 400 yds (365m) across a lake and the furthest point I could estimate were trees at probably about 550 yds (502m).

This is my first experience with a real thrower, and whether it's the particles in the air combined with the piercing brightness of the beam, it made it hard to really see things at distance standing right behind that beam. Trees were lit at 400 yds, but at 500-550 yds it was hard for me to tell if anything in the distance was lit up or not. That tells you how bright this thing is. The beam is bright white with spill bordering on cool. Definitely not a yellow-green tint like the stock Javelot.

Edit: Verified around 715m last night.

Last edited:

uofaengr

Enlightened
Was wondering if anyone with a M2Xvn with XP-G2 PDTc has stretched its legs out to its furthest limit and verified the distance? Mine has the XP-L HI 5000K with DriverVN2 and I was able to verify around 715m, give or take a percent. I had a target I verified at 850m but couldn't see light reflecting back though there was a little bit of ambient light around it. So I'm thinking 750-800m or so might be about the limit.

Just wondering for curiosity sake how much better, if at all, the less bright dedomed XP-G2 (<900 lumens) throws compared to the XP-L HI at 1200-1400 lumens, and I'm not believing Olight's stock throw numbers of 800m and 1000m for their M2X and M3X-UT.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
My M2Xvn came in today. It was a customer return so I didnt set any options but im very impressed! With a protected 3500 mah LG it does morr than I imagined it would. Mine came with an XML2u4. Great deal on a great light. Ive only owned a few popcan flooders (SRKs and a sr mini) and carry more "around the workplace" lights including an s1 baton and several of the cheap ***fire type lights (Im a supervisor for a manufacturing plant) so I wanted to test the waters on something a little different. I will be a repeat customer. Count one more CPF member as a fan vinh, you did good on this one! Brighter and cleaner than anything else I own! Cant wait to get some dedicated cells for it, any suggestions? Samsung 25r?

Last edited:

chops728

Flashlight Enthusiast
My M2Xvn came in today. It was a customer return so I didnt set any options but im very impressed! With a protected 3500 mah LG it does morr than I imagined it would. Mine came with an XML2u4. Great deal on a great light. Ive only owned a few popcan flooders (SRKs and a sr mini) and carry more "around the workplace" lights including an s1 baton and several of the cheap ***fire type lights (Im a supervisor for a manufacturing plant) so I wanted to test the waters on something a little different. I will be a repeat customer. Count one more CPF member as a fan vinh, you did good on this one! Brighter and cleaner than anything else I own! Cant wait to get some dedicated cells for it, any suggestions? Samsung 25r?

25R / 20R Efest Purples The 30Q will give you 90-95% will 500mah more runtime--I personally used unprotected -I think the VN drivers as most modern drivers step down then eventually off at low voltage

uofaengr

Enlightened
In terms of initial output, I got the most out of a protected EVVA NCR18650GA in comparison to the same unprotected battery and even a Samsung 25R. Could've been slight differences in tolerances between batteries, I don't know. Now whether one battery or another will put out a higher output for longer, I'm not sure. I just use the unprotected NCR18650GA in it now since DriverVN2 has voltage protection, and I use the protected one in another high drain light with no voltage protection.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
In terms of initial output, I got the most out of a protected EVVA NCR18650GA in comparison to the same unprotected battery and even a Samsung 25R. Could've been slight differences in tolerances between batteries, I don't know. Now whether one battery or another will put out a higher output for longer, I'm not sure. I just use the unprotected NCR18650GA in it now since DriverVN2 has voltage protection, and I use the protected one in another high drain light with no voltage protection.
Thats what im using in mine now. Ill get some VTC5 and see how they do. Ill try to get some shots up this weekend. I was off on business sunday/monday

torchsarecool

Enlightened
I just bought an xpg2 pdt m2xutvn with direct drive single mode in vinhs garage sale. I was hoping to use a nitecore 2600 protected cell. Will this be safe? Not too fussed about Max output on this one. More safety as my lad will use it occassionally.

torchsarecool

Enlightened
I just bought an xpg2 pdt m2xutvn with direct drive single mode in vinhs garage sale. I was hoping to use a nitecore 2600 protected cell. Will this be safe? Not too fussed about Max output on this one. More safety as my lad will use it occassionally.

Can anyone assist. Im confused because ive found conflicting information when it comes to cell choice on this light.

chops728

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can anyone assist. Im confused because ive found conflicting information when it comes to cell choice on this light.

you can try that cell if you own it already--- the worse thing it will do is keep shutting off due to max output overloading the protection circuit--might work ok/not great--they're are protected high drain cells out there--ask Vinh or check out Illuminationsupply.com

torchsarecool

Enlightened
Great thanks guys. Ive settled on a Samsung 25r for now and getting about 250kcd on a full charge. Im looking into perhaps panasonic ncr cells Or vtc6