• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

M30CvnT - 300K Lux

ven

Flashaholic
Amazing work, presume a pretty good run time on max being 750lm and substantial mass for an 18650 light. This is a Roberto light !!!

Capolini

Banned
Amazing work, presume a pretty good run time on max being 750lm and substantial mass for an 18650 light. This is a Roberto light !!!

It certainly looks that way! Too bad Roberto's funds are in critical condition! More like finances.:mecry:

It is so nice of you VEN and the other members to buy this light for Roberto's B'day on Saturday! Lol!!

I would settle for the SDMiniVN!! I have not had a new light since the SL2cVN last summer!

Last edited:

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Vinh-
Are PDT-N &/or Direct Drive possible?
DriverVN would be a waste for me on a dedicated thrower ;)

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Dang you guys are crazy! First 10 all sold out! Next batch in a week!

Capolini

Banned
I had this light and sold it: I know it is Justin numbers,I believe Vinh would get at least 300K for it.

Olight M2Xvn XPG2 PDTc drivervn2
Sony vtc
889@ turn on
842@ 30 sec
616 high
442 mid
130 low
39 low 2
2 firefly
Throw - 385,000 lux

I still have the M2Xvn DD/SINGLE MODE PDT XML2 VERSION. It is ~ 280Kcd,,,,,,,like it much better than the XPG2 version,,,,,that is why I sold that version!

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
This light is a steal... I paid like $150 for stock pelican 7060 with 368 lumens.. Wendee, you are a lucky girl..

Wendee

Enlightened
You're going to be amazed, Wendel!

I'm sure I will! :D The farthest throw I've seen myself are the TN4A & Convoy C8. I have a feeling the M30CvnT might throw a teensy weensy bit farther, lol. :thumbsup:

My husband has a drone and he's going to take some beam shots. I hope the pictures turn out (we've never done a night flight).

Wendee

Enlightened
I am kind of lazy to watch a video. Is this light take one 18650??

Yes! A single 18650 battery. I'm still too nervous to use unprotected or multi-18650 lights which is why I'm so happy that Vinh is making this flashlight. It can use a protected battery but the throw won't be quite as far but it will still throw MUCH farther than my other lights :grin2:

lumentia

Enlightened
I'm sure I will! :D The farthest throw I've seen myself are the TN4A & Convoy C8. I have a feeling the M30CvnT might throw a teensy weensy bit farther, lol. :thumbsup:

My husband has a drone and he's going to take some beam shots. I hope the pictures turn out (we've never done a night flight).

Drones and lights are always an awesome combo. You should post them if they turn out.

There's a guy on YouTube that built a 50,000 lumen light, and strapped it to his quad copter. Really cool!

Wendee

Enlightened
It is always good to be cautious. Always.
But to maybe alleviate your worries just a little, Vinh's drivers do have low voltage protection built into them -
http://skylumen.com/pages/drivervn-drivervnx-programmable-circuits
Nevertheless, being cautious is always welcomed into the equation ;)

Yes, Vinh's lights are safe.:thumbsup: Believe me, I'm the biggest chicken on CPF and once I ordered an unsafe light (according to experienced CPF members) from a big manufacturer, so now I'm extra cautious and research like crazy before buying anything. I'm 100% confident that the M30CvnT is safe but I will use a protected battery only because unprotected batteries (not the light) still make me nervous. Baby steps. :)

I really thought it would be forever before I was able to buy a real thrower (once used to multi-18650 lights and/or unprotected batteries). I'm so excited about this light (single 18650, protected or unprotected). To be honest, I need a flooder (still looking) more than a thrower at this time, but there's no way I'm missing out on the M30CvnT. The flooder can wait. If Vinh only ends up making a limited number of these and I didn't buy one now and missed out, I'd kick myself (hard). And his first batch is already sold out! Wow, that was so fast! I can't wait until it gets here. :D[

Drones and lights are always an awesome combo. You should post them if they turn out.
There's a guy on YouTube that built a 50,000 lumen light, and strapped it to his quad copter. Really cool!

I'll definitely post them & I'll look for that YouTube video. Sounds cool!

biker1

Enlightened
Formerly from NYC - Still Ruled by Commi Criminal
I'm 100% confident that the M30CvnT is safe but I will use a protected battery only because unprotected batteries (not the light) still make me nervous. Baby steps. :)
For clarification, what I meant was that with the driver's low voltage safety features, it would step down as the unprotected cells voltage drops, so that even though the cells are unprotected, they would be protected by the driver, so to speak. But I fully understand what you say. I've always used protected cells for years. Vihn's lights are actually the first lights where I've used unprotected cells, in addition to multi cells :)
I look forward to your video!

Last edited: