• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

M43vn VS MK34vn

Tadman1973

Newly Enlightened
Tadman1973 - No, the MK34vn does not come with a holster. I ended up using a Nitecore holster that fits pretty well.

LT
DO you happen to remember which holster. I think I am set on the MK34vn. I have to buy a new holster from Nitecore anyways because my TM06s turns itself on whenever it gets a wild hair up its butt and it has completely burned through the flap.

RollerBoySE

Enlightened
DO you happen to remember which holster. I think I am set on the MK34vn. I have to buy a new holster from Nitecore anyways because my TM06s turns itself on whenever it gets a wild hair up its butt and it has completely burned through the flap.

I use the holster that came with an EA41, and the holster fits my MK34 nicely.

LumenTodd

Newly Enlightened

I think I'm using the EA41 holster myself. I know all well about burning holsters, happened only once and with my M43vn, burnt 4 nice big holes right through the top. It was with their goofy factory UI, it now has a vn driver. Much better.

LT

Tadman1973

Newly Enlightened
So, I have decided on the MK34. I looked on their website and the light is going for $129.99 and the 3 battery bundle is $149.99. Now, on SkyLumen.com Vinh is selling for $255. Is the mod worth that or should I just stick with factory?

lstmichel

Enlightened
So, I have decided on the MK34. I looked on their website and the light is going for $129.99 and the 3 battery bundle is $149.99. Now, on SkyLumen.com Vinh is selling for $255. Is the mod worth that or should I just stick with factory?

Depends what you want -
If it is a product that I want; I always check SkyLumen first - ( I have about 10 vn lights now and 2 on order/shipping)
also sometimes I will ask (email) if SkyLumen can work on a specifc light for me.
I like boosted lights and SkyLumen provides a Warranty; which is a very big deal when buying lights that don't have a US distributer.

SkyLumen does have a MK34 for $180; that one will be 6500k and have boost using the same LEDs that the mK34 ships with.

if price is the absolute issue - I check amazon.com. goinggear.com, gearbest.com, banggood.com
I also check for group buys - (there are a couple of guys on CPF who do this)
Currently there is no group buy for the manker MK34 that I could find

HTH

Tadman1973

Newly Enlightened
Depends what you want -
If it is a product that I want; I always check SkyLumen first - ( I have about 10 vn lights now and 2 on order/shipping)
also sometimes I will ask (email) if SkyLumen can work on a specifc light for me.
I like boosted lights and SkyLumen provides a Warranty; which is a very big deal when buying lights that don't have a US distributer.

SkyLumen does have a MK34 for $180; that one will be 6500k and have boost using the same LEDs that the mK34 ships with.

if price is the absolute issue - I check amazon.com. goinggear.com, gearbest.com, banggood.com
I also check for group buys - (there are a couple of guys on CPF who do this)
Currently there is no group buy for the manker MK34 that I could find

HTH

I'm trying to decide if the mod will enhance the light enough to notice. I don't mind paying the extra for a killer mod, but, is it going to be a killer mod or is the factory light a pretty tricked out light as is?

MC408

Enlightened

Well, since your in the Vinh fan club forums, I'm pretty sure everyone here is gonna tell you "get the mk34vn"!!! And have no regrets about you light being the top of its class! Get the $180 version if money is the concern. Oh. Also pay the $5 and get it engraved, you will regret it if you don't, it magically turn "just a light" into a laser beam blasting work of art! . Lol

As 1stmichel mentioned, the warranry and knowing it's been fine tuned by a pro to get the most out of the light is worth it.

I was just looking at my stock TK75 and thinking who I can give it away to, cause it's an outcast amongst my VN light posse. Haha.

If your worried about getting addicted to lights and this forum, then buy the stock mk34. ;)

Last edited:

see level

Enlightened
I would never buy a stock light over a VN model. Just his customer service is enough of a reason.

MC408

Enlightened
Well if you are GIVING it away - send it to me - i'll send it to Vinh to get mod'ed :)
I am assuming that you have aready ping Vinh ....

lol. Yeah. I just asked him yesterday. Hard to mod so not worth it.

I may just take a Dremel and scratch V54 on it so it blends into the crowd :grin2:

ven

Flashaholic
For one, the warranty is worth it, no sending off to where ever if a fault.....................in honesty i dont have 100% trust in manker alone.................then again i could say that for a few manufacturers. With vinh you get it fine tuned, hands on, tweaked and bettered where factory lights can not match. Custom driver, better heat sinking, choice of LED's without the risk of greens and off tints.

For around $100 more...................your getting quite a lot. Simply put, your good light becomes special, personal to your choices. Any issue it will be wrapped up in a week all be it unlikely and rare to happen. Your not dealing with an email , your dealing with a person and one of the best you can deal with. He is a stand up guy, charity work and all he does be it here or outside of, its not just a flashlight, its buying into a special brand. One that turns a light on more than just a flashlight...............

I hope that price includes the v54 engraving, if not add $5 to your total:D

IMO anyway:)

Tadman1973

Newly Enlightened
So, the 10K lux increase from $180 to $255 isn't worth it. I like the point made of the warranty and the hands on approach from an expert. MC408, I'll take that TK75. My flashlight addiction has just started with a Nitecore TM06s (non-modded) and I'd like to continue growing my collection. I also have an E11 in my SkyLumen cart along with the MK34. I am definitely going to add the engraving if I go the SkyLumen route.

lstmichel

Enlightened
I was going to get the MK34 but then ... I ordered an RC40vn40 and a TN36UTvn.
That blew this weeks allowance (this years budget really) I had to buy the "boss' hardwood floors to slide that through ...
My biggest worry ... what is Vinh going to build next? and what will I have get the boss next to buy whatever Vinh comes up with :)

Tadman1973

Newly Enlightened
I was going to get the MK34 but then ... I ordered an RC40vn40 and a TN36UTvn.
That blew this weeks allowance (this years budget really) I had to buy the "boss' hardwood floors to slide that through ...
My biggest worry ... what is Vinh going to build next? and what will I have get the boss next to buy whatever Vinh comes up with :)
I was torn between the TN36UT and the MK34. I am going to hang it off my waist so I thought the TN was going to be a bit much size wise.

MC408

Enlightened
So, the 10K lux increase from $180 to $255 isn't worth it. I like the point made of the warranty and the hands on approach from an expert. MC408, I'll take that TK75. My flashlight addiction has just started with a Nitecore TM06s (non-modded) and I'd like to continue growing my collection. I also have an E11 in my SkyLumen cart along with the MK34. I am definitely going to add the engraving if I go the SkyLumen route.

...and you get to hang around with us degenerate VNaholics. If you buy the stock one after all this, you will forever be an outcast like my tk75. Or......you can be initiated into the club (no hazing, but a few pokes and jabs). Lol

im trying to recruit so I'm not the rookie anymore! Lol

Tadman1973

Newly Enlightened
...and you get to hang around with us degenerate VNaholics. If you buy the stock one after all this, you will forever be an outcast like my tk75. Or......you can be initiated into the club (no hazing, but a few pokes and jabs). Lol

im trying to recruit so I'm not the rookie anymore! Lol
well then, if its a matter of joining the club....and letting MC408 off the hook as the rookie...I'll join if you send me that TK75:naughty:

MC408

Enlightened
I was torn between the TN36UT and the MK34. I am going to hang it off my waist so I thought the TN was going to be a bit much size wise.

hmmmmm. You just opened up Pandora's box now (enter NL in 3......2....1) . If you want to be blown away, go with the tn36utvn. Lol

for it's size, it's a beast. But the mk34vn is a lot smaller. I got both. Haven't even got to fire up the mk34vn yet cause I need my button tops. (Go back to earlier convo in the thread if this doesn't make sense).