Mag Mod 4 X Luxeon V (Update I)

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Mag Mod 4 X Luxeon V

Hi, i am using two Fatman dor two Luxeon V wired in serie...

jar3ds said:
what electronics are you using in this puppy? and take your time on the runtime test... i can't wait to start building... i keep getting my attention moved to other projects ;)

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Mag Mod 4 X Luxeon V

Thanks my friend, that is right, the light look like a single INCREDIBLE Led... :rock: I have a doubt about the Fatflex, this circuit is like the fatman but with dimmer? or is a driver who can i connect to my Fatman to do this feature???

wtraymond said:
I think he mentioned using two Fatman drivers driving two Lux Vs in series each.

I've been waiting to build one of these excellent lights for some time now. The only part I still need is George's new Fatflex driver. I can't see using this without dimming capability and I don't really like the external pot option as much as the single button menu like the nFlex.

I was planning one using two Li-ion 'D's or two of AW's protected li-ion 'C's if they are available when the Fatflex comes out.

Excellent work, Changchung. It's amazing that even in your close-up beamshot that the beams all blend together. It looks like one emitter source.

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, a couples months later of use this magmod was update with 4 Luxeon K2 Pw14, four 17mm reflector and a mineral glass, very throw by the way.

Some Pics

First i put the K2 in the stars but the tailcap dont fit right

I take out the stars and glued with some Artic Ceramic Lumina

The two Fatman inside, i have to find a better way to put in

This mag was a 5D some time ago, i cut to hold inside 4 18650 2 by side

Here you can see the size

Front Pics

Beamshot coming soon...

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
Changchung, if you use a thinner HS you can go with IMS20 or McR20 which produce a much tighter beam and nicer spill.

As for putting 2x fatman inside a MagD it's no problem at all. You can do the 180 degree opposite each other or if you have the patience double stack and provide sufficient heatsink on the opposite ends.

I manage to put 2x fatman and 1x nFlex inside a MagD head (stock) in the Sephiroth a while back using the same method mentioned above.

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
modamag said:
Changchung, if you use a thinner HS you can go with IMS20 or McR20 which produce a much tighter beam and nicer spill.

As for putting 2x fatman inside a MagD it's no problem at all. You can do the 180 degree opposite each other or if you have the patience double stack and provide sufficient heatsink on the opposite ends.

I manage to put 2x fatman and 1x nFlex inside a MagD head (stock) in the Sephiroth a while back using the same method mentioned above.

Hi, thanks, i think for the moment leave this mod like that, i receive this HS for free, here, were i live is not easy find something like that, the cuter job take me around 2 months in find the right place to do it, and charge me a lot...

The light throw what i have now is very well, better than before.
I dont know how you fit 3 booster, one push botton and one pot, you :rock: I try to put a dual pot for the 2 Fatman and i dont find a secure and safe way.

For the moment i am very happy with this new Magmod, but... If a the opportunity to buy one from you be great... You are the best, i am looking all your jobs for long time ago... Thanks for be there for help us...

Last edited: