Mag2D LuxIII nFlex mod (8 brightness levels).

georges80

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Mag2D LuxIII nFlex mod (8 brightness levels)

[ QUOTE ]
brightnorm said:
[ QUOTE ]
icarus said:
The user can scroll through the brightness levels by pressing the button for longer than 1/2 sec. The brightness will either increase or decrease one level every 1/3 of a second. The nFlex will toggle from the bright or dim direction each time the button is released...

[/ QUOTE ]

Reminds me of the LIONHEART

Brightnorm

[/ QUOTE ]

Wonder why? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

george.

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
greg_in_canada said:
[ QUOTE ]
icarus said:
greg_in_canada,
Regarding the glow ring, mix as much glow powder as you can with some 2T clear epoxy. Use slow/medium cure epoxy, five minutes expoy is curing too fast. Green glow powder glows more than blue or whatever other colour.

Freddy

[/ QUOTE ]

Is 2T a brand of epoxy or something else. I've only
ever used Lepages 5 minute expoxy and it's quite yellow.

Thanks - Greg

[/ QUOTE ]

Greg,
It's Devcon cristal clear 2T (two ton) epoxy. This one is very clear and has better heat resistance compared to regular epoxy.
(BTW it's recommended by Wayne to fill sandwiches). Try this link .

Freddy

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*

Holy crap!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

I just finished a mod nearly identical to this! The HUGE coincidence here is that I NEVER SAW THIS THREAD! I swear!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif I've had this idea since the introduction to the nFlex where I talked about modding the mag switch to momentary operation. I would have had mine done sooner, but I worked night shift all last week.

I can't believe we routed the wires nearly the same, and we took nearly identical pictures of the exploded switch!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

Nice job icarus! I guess great minds thing alike... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast

New pictures added to show how to modify the stock Mag switch to make it a momentary push button. Enjoy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey LEDmodman,

No problem about copying my Mag nFlex mod /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif as long as you pay the rights! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif
BTW I'm working on a Mag LuxV nFlex now, just waiting for my WX1S emitters. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Copyrights on this one too! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif

Freddy

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,

Very nice and clean, just how I like them.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Freddy,

what cells will you drive the LuxV from and do you know if the Nflex will fit a C sized Mag ?

TIA

Klaus

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
darkzero said:
Very nice and clean, just how I like them.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Will. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Klaus said:
Freddy,

what cells will you drive the LuxV from and do you know if the Nflex will fit a C sized Mag ?

TIA

Klaus

[/ QUOTE ]

3xCR123 to start with but I'm also thinking about 2x(3xCR123) and 8AA /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Unfortunately the nFlex will not fit a MagC. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

jtice

Flashaholic

icarus, the Nflex wont fit in a C mag huh?
How close is it?
The Uflex wouldnt really fit in the D mag, till I MADE it lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast

jtice,

Dimensions of the nFlex are 27.94mm x 20.32mm.
Room available is the MagC is 26.2mm x 28.3mm but that's for the nFlex AND the hotlips!

Of course using highly sophisticated modding tools you can always 'customize' the stock switch to create some additional room like you did before. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

jtice

Flashaholic

icarus, ah I see, thats too bad. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I had to sand down the edges of the Uflex, to get it to fit better, but that is way too much sanding if you need to take off almost 2mm.

As far as the height, thats not a problem, you can mount the nflex IN the switch assembly, instead of on top of it in the bulb base, IF you use another momentary botton.

I will have to try another one of these soon, they make GREAT lights, that are really usable.
Thanks for the info on modding the mags switch to momentary use, I will have to do that next time.

-John

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi John,

Hmm… it will be close but I think it IS POSSIBLE to sand down the board by 2mm!
I think I'll have to give it a try after I finished my Mag2D LuxV mod. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Thanks for the great idea! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Freddy

jtice

Flashaholic

pffft, go ahead, steal another one of my original ideas. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Were you the one that PMed me, asking tips in making the nflex mag? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif
I couple ppl have asked me about it, so I cant remember who they were. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

I still havent gotten a good 5Wer to try in my MagUflex.
Good thing is, it has the interchangable LED system, so I can just pop out the LuxIII, and pop in the 5Wer to try. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

A LuxIII 2C mag, with Nflex and 3x123 wouldnt be bad at all though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast

John,

As far as I know I didn't pm you about tips to do my nFlex mod. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif
Hmmm it seems some other people are stealing your bright idea's too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I have to agree, a Mag2C LuxIII nFlex running on 3xCR123 batteries would be very nice! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Freddy

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*

Freddy,
That's what is so ironic; that I didn't copy your light. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif I almost fell out of my chair when I saw your post! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif My wife got a real kick out of it though. She said something like, "You spent all that time making that light that you thought was sooo original, and someone else beat you to it!" all the while practically laughing at me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif

PS - Don't worry, I have no plans to do a Lux V. It would be pretty hard to beat my MR-X /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif, so why bother trying. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi LEDmodMan,

Yes, it's amazing… but maybe it is like you mentioned before … "I guess great minds thing alike... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif " . /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I should not have posted my nFlex mod if I had known your wife would be laughing at you all the time.
But only after you sent me your Mr-X of course! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif
Freddy

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*

[ QUOTE ]
icarus said:
But only after you sent me your Mr-X of course! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/evilgrin07.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

Neg2LED

Flashlight Enthusiast

now, to get an o-sink, an Nflex and a 2d mag...

neg