Magic Fire 65W HID

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has any owners of this light found a holster that fits it really well? I was disappointed that it didn't come with one :(

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast
I keep mine in a 60rnd ammo pouch, fits pretty snug.

SAM_1464_zps0f82895a.jpg

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's not a bad option can it strap on your belt? I'll prob just have to research the dimensions of a ton of flashlights till I find 207mm x 70mm x 49mm or slightly bigger

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is not really a Magic Fire post as far as HID, BUT I got my Magic Fire host completely gutted and modded into an incredible LED flood light by Vestureofblood! He was really impressed with the metal content, he packed the entire top section with solid aluminum heat sink (over 2 inches long), bonded 4 copper sink pads on top of that and put 4 short orange peel reflectors on the pads with 4 de-domed XML2s. Man is it one HUGE circle of flood light! It's regulated to 3,200 lumens constant output and it can run for 17.5 minutes before totally reaching crucial heat limit. Spectacular flood light!! Almost no hot spot at all.

Wasn't sure if I should post about my LED mod in this HID thread but it is in fact the MF host and I thought I'd compliment the heat sink potential of it

Colonel Sanders

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is not really a Magic Fire post as far as HID, BUT I got my Magic Fire host completely gutted and modded into an incredible LED flood light by Vestureofblood! He was really impressed with the metal content, he packed the entire top section with solid aluminum heat sink (over 2 inches long), bonded 4 copper sink pads on top of that and put 4 short orange peel reflectors on the pads with 4 de-domed XML2s. Man is it one HUGE circle of flood light! It's regulated to 3,200 lumens constant output and it can run for 17.5 minutes before totally reaching crucial heat limit. Spectacular flood light!! Almost no hot spot at all.

Wasn't sure if I should post about my LED mod in this HID thread but it is in fact the MF host and I thought I'd compliment the heat sink potential of it

Yeah, I bought the direct drive version of this light he made and shockingly it has a higher output than my FF3! (at least according to my meter on a ceiling bounce test.) Incredible output! The throw was only 25k @ 1m but it makes for one helluva dog walking light. It does tend to get hot (but not quite unholdable) after about 12-15 minutes.