Maglite LED and incan mods and drop-ins, Overview

schalliol

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for both of these ideas. I might try both and use the Fusion 36 in a 2D and try the Makoff in the 6D. I'd guess the 6D would benefit from the focusing ability.

schalliol

Newly Enlightened
I'm having trouble finding the RoP online. Can someone point me to it? I did get the Fusion, and it really is quite nice and easy to install. I would be interested in the other choices though!

KiwiMark

Flashlight Enthusiast
Definitely worth considering...done with good parts and batteries, an ROP is more than respectable!

I use an aluminium reflector, glass lens and of course the RoP bulb (currently a RoP High in my 6D).
The only weak point for me is my very old NiCd batteries that are only good when they have been recently recharged, but 6 new 10Ah NiMH cells would cost a bit.
I do have several 2D RoPs that I use a lot though - using 2 x 32650 LiCo cells.
I love the light from a well over-driven incan bulb!

Etrain

Newly Enlightened
Can anyone tell me where I can find the front bexel replacement ring for a C size Maglite? I looking for the tactical (toothy) bezel. thanks for any help.

Remklep

Newly Enlightened
Wow, there is lots of great info here and to be honest a bit overwhelming.
I have been looking through the forum for info on modding my Maglite 6D.
I bought it in 2012 and replaced the standard bulb by a krypton bulb from Maglite.

As I also bought some Maglite Mini LED flashlights, that I use most, I thought it would be cool to transform my 6D into a monster like MrArtillery's Dominator.
But I have a lot of trouble trying to find where I can get the parts for this mod.

Can anyone help out?

Thanks,

G20-Budo

Newly Enlightened
Just curious, does anyone know if Malkoff still makes the Maglite 2D drop in? I've got an old 2D that could use some better output, and it looks like that would be a good option. Thanks.

cdaddy

Newly Enlightened
Just saw this on eBay and emailed about it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230124_142211_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20230124_142211_eBay.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 61
  • Screenshot_20230121_215648_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20230121_215648_eBay.jpg
    547.9 KB · Views: 64