Making powerful 6000+ Lumens Flashlight Wall projector

wazza

Newly Enlightened
Hi All!

I write you my new project:

A 6000+ Lumens Flashlight Wall projector

The purpose is to make very cheap and powerful flashlight that gave more that 6000 lumens to make some wall image screenings. L

Acutally i work on two tracks both with old slide projector optics.

The slide projector is running actually [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Osram HLX 64640 24v 150w[/FONT] wich output 6000 lumens.
It run on 12v battery with a 12v > 220v (europe) converter.

Second try is with the infamous DealXtreme 8000 lumens Ledgrid with a special lens that kept 92% of the led.

This one run on 12v battery with 12 > 36v step up converter.

After i use printable slide paper for pictures.

So i will post you my success or fail here for sharing knowledge and experiences.

Best to all!

:wave:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
IIRC, for a projector, you'll need a light source with a small point that produces a lot of light, unless you are making one of these projectors, in which case the light source shouldn't matter much.

An LED might be bright, but they don't produce as much light per mm^2 as say an incan bulb so the image you get could be fuzzy (correct me if I'm wrong because I'm going by memory from 2 years back). There should be ways around this problem, but I'm not sure if they are easy to do.

I've never made one myself, so this post is not based on experience.

Good luck with your project and :welcome:

wazza

Newly Enlightened
I've seen very good results with SST 90 (2300lumens)

But definitly too weak....

Your're right with 8000 LEd wich is very larch but good optic could collect most of light.

wazza

Newly Enlightened
If anyone have son advice for finding the cheapest way to get 24v 250w batteries could be very cool !

JacobJones

Enlightened
Canabalise a broken projection tv (the larger the screen the better) to get a mercury short arc bulb and a ballast. These are the best bulbs available for projectors I believe. I've taken a mercury short arc and ballast from a tv myself, I advise using a voltmeter to test the voltage across the wires that go to the ballast before completely dissasembling the tv, stupidly I didn't and now I don't know how many volts I need for the ballast. Just go to a tip, they have loads of broken projection tv's there