making the brightest lux III mag?

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whenever I use one of Wayne's converters in a Mag mod, I usually pot the converter into an Ecan or something. It just makes for a unit that is easy to manipulate and work with. After it is potted in the can, I epoxy the can to the back of the sink.

As for lots of wires, I wouldn't use more than is necessary. The longer the wire, the more resistance it introduces.

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks. With mag mods, I just plan to do it and leave it there. If I swap, I just unsolder. How DO you get a O sink out?

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast
No Driver No Resistor 6 x TWOK in 17mm reflector. Emmiters are bonded to heat sink-No Star. 9AA NiMh Cells. 7500 Lux. No Kidding-
DSCN3548.JPG

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 6th center LED is sunk into heatsink (Milled) for clearance. Circuit is 2 series sets of 3. Runs about 2000 Ma + or - depending on charge state. Battery pack is:

Dscn3559.jpg

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
GarageBoy said:
Thanks. With mag mods, I just plan to do it and leave it there. If I swap, I just unsolder. How DO you get a O sink out?

[/ QUOTE ]

Take off the switch boot.
Loosen the switch with the allen wrench and lower it enough to stick something throught the switch hole.
Then find a chopstick to poke the sink out from behind with a small hammer, or mallot.
Might have to use a long, small shafted screwdriver instead of the chopstick.

Good luck, and happy modding. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif