Mako AA Flood - Would you want one?

eala

Flashlight Enthusiast
Am I the only one who is pumped to see some more info on this light? I hope it is not so cuz I can't buy enough of them on my own for Enrique to justify a run.

eala

nbp

Flashaholic
eala said:
Am I the only one who is pumped to see some more info on this light? I hope it is not so cuz I can't buy enough of them on my own for Enrique to justify a run.

eala

I think I made it pretty clear I will buy anything Enrique puts his name on. ;)

Here's to adding another model to my Muyshondt collection. :buddies:

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would buy if it has the Nichia 119/219 in it. Sick of bluish cool white and greenish yellow neutral whites.

AMD64Blondie

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd also be interested.My Arc AAA seems so old-fashioned right now.

(don't quite have the money right now,but I'll wait..)

Seems like the reincarnation of the Arc AA.

bmstrong

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting design. Not really wild about the dimpled ring, I'll always favor the clean simple design of the Mako. High CRI is a hope? Good to see this progressing.

choombak

Enlightened
After using the Mako for a good long time now, I can surely say this is the best light I own in terms of everything - be it fit/finish, performance, LED whiteness (pure white to my eyes), or just the shape/size and look/feel. The AA seems very, very tempting, and I'll probably start saving now itself to purchase this one. I would ideally want to maintain the same feel as that of a Mako without a pocket clip as the size seems to be very small. Given the toughness of Mako, it is easy to just drop it in your pocket without the fear of damaging it. Twisty as well. :)

Harry999

Enlightened
choombak

I hold the same opinion as you. I am looking forward to the Mako AA.

Sent from my GT-I5800 using Tapatalk 2

madmook

Newly Enlightened
AA, pure flood, neutral tint and 25 lumens just about describes the perfect edc light for me. Definitely do not want to miss out on this like I did the Mako flood.

eala

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am with you on the Mako choombak. The more I use my Mako, the more I am pumped about the Orca. This might seem an odd thing to say, but when it is really dark, the Mako is perfect. A bigger spread between the low and high modes on the Orca would be perfect.

eala

incline123

Newly Enlightened
I have used my Mako every day since I received it. Awesome. Would prefer a lower low and a higher high. I really have come to appreciate the ultra smooth action on the mako. Nice job Enrique. High CRI is my choice also. Enrique, is it possible to update us on your progress on the Orca? Thanks.

RI Chevy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can the LED be potted in clear material? I really do not mod LED's, but I was just curious. The Nichia 219 would be a real nice light source for sure.

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Everyone,

I've been waiting on a few pieces to test here and suppliers have been dragging their feet with a few critical parts, but it will likely be some time yet before the Orca is ready and you can expect some design and spec changes when that happens - it was probably a little premature of me to post the renders before the design was ready for production since there's still work to do before it's ready.

In the interim, when I get enough time to adequately manage a new batch of lights I'll pop in here and post the details. The Orca may not necessarily be first on the list for that (I have a few other things designed and already tested), but it will be something new. :)

Thanks folks,

Enrique

Latest posts