• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Manker U21vn - 26650 Thrower

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lol I figured as much. MAD I'm just such a thoughtful person, ain't I. ;-)

Hey onlyownEnergizer250lumen... yes my rep made me a laughing stock, but at least I don't own a pink bunny rabbit flashlight. OK that's not even funny but it's all I could come up with. I need some material on you for next time.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Come to think of it... where can I buy a pink bunny rabbit flashlight? I'm looking for a Christmas gift for Newlumen and I can't afford another large, expensive light after all the money I wasted on the failed seminar tour.

Lol I figured as much. MAD I'm just such a thoughtful person, ain't I. ;-)

Hey onlyownEnergizer250lumen... yes my rep made me a laughing stock, but at least I don't own a pink bunny rabbit flashlight. OK that's not even funny but it's all I could come up with. I need some material on you for next time.

Fortunately it's not a pink one!
Jf8BzOa.jpg

Good try haha. It's stowed away in my go-bag with some AAs nearby

Capolini

Banned
Come to think of it... where can I buy a pink bunny rabbit flashlight? I'm looking for a Christmas gift for Newlumen and I can't afford another large, expensive light after all the money I wasted on the failed seminar tour.

I heard Hillary is selling them for $.99 cents! :laughing: she is keeping a few herself so she can SEE her way through her depression and darkness!

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Poor Hillary. First it was Bill, then Benghazi, followed by The Donald, and now Capolini. Who's going to be next... bulbmogul? Hey, he kinda looks like her. I just now realized that.

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's assuming Cap has smoke alarms, and also that they're up to snuff and functioning properly. I mean it seems a reasonable assumption, but I don't believe I've checked or even thought about my smoke alarms for years. I hope they're working.

If my house ever did burn down, regardless of the cause, no one here will ever hear about it. I can guarantee you that.

that's the truth. the ominous silence of CPF without wimmer would be uncomfortable... until he pops back online a month later from a 56k modem in some motel and we all bombard him with battery jokes. =Þ

besides, I read most of the content produced by cpf anyways. according to my co-workers, my hearing sucks so I might be alone in not hearing anything from this webpage tho.

hehehe

jedi_master

Newly Enlightened
Thanks all, and cap, fortunately I ordered a protected ACEBEAM 5000mah from vihn's website, so even if it takes a week to ship as priority (only $0.99) more I'll still get to play with my new fancy light at 70% power or so!

ps. Do you have to watch the unprotected cells when charging to prevent permanent damage by overcharging? Or do they stop at a certain voltage regardless? I always charge my protected cells when I'm asleep or away from home...

When dealing with Lithium battery, I nerver charge them when I am away because charger could fail without notice. It happened to my AA battery charger and luckily nothing happened. Also, avoid charging Lithium at fast rate like 2A. Fast charging increases risks and reduces battery life.

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
I charge my batteries only during the day when I'm home. I'll check the heat from time to time as I putts around the house. Also, I charge them on a non-flamable surface; granite countertop.

My charging amp range is:
0.25-0.3 amps for 10440
0.5 amps for 14500 & 16340
0.75 amps for 18350
1.0 amp for 18650 & 26650

I'm using an Opus BTC100, I put the ACEBEAM 5000mAh into the charger, it read 3.7v. It's charging by default at 0.200amps, extremely slow. Should I manually increase current to 1amp?

Also, I think this is a dumb question but... why do batteries say 3.7v on the wrapper but you charge them to 4.2v as full? I don't understand that whatsoever.

THANK YOU VINH! Awesome light, totally destroys my MH20 and HC30 in throw. On low setting from 5ft white wall it walks over top of my other two at 1 foot on turbo LOL. THATS CRAZY. oh I forgot to mention, that was with a protected 18650...... My 26650 still charging, and the u protected 26650 vappower still in the mail.

So yeah I'm pretty hype for darkness to fall. Too bad I have to work tonight :(

Last edited:

NICSAK

Enlightened
Very excited my xpg2 model comes tomorrow!! I'll be sure to post photos and beamshots. May even do a little video.

ven

Flashaholic
Mr energizer, 2a is good for 26650's and perfectly fine.

The 3.6 or 3.7v on the side is the nominal voltage.

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think this is a dumb question but... why do batteries say 3.7v on the wrapper but you charge them to 4.2v as full? I don't understand

A little more on this from TEEJ in the link below about the discussion on the 3.6 and 3.7V labelling on some cells, but it covers your question too. It is really an average for the approximate usable range of 3.0V to 4.2V, which is around 3.6V or 3.7V. There will be no difference between batteries only based on the voltage written on the wrapper. Nominal is a good definition for this voltage ( from ven's post) as there's not much usable capacity below this in real world use. [emoji4]

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...eries-Differ&p=4688110&viewfull=1#post4688110

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast
↑↑↑ this doesn't help at all but it begs the question about alkaline and lead-acid batteries which are typically rated at 1.5v and 12v respectively but the 1.5 is the fully charged voltage of an alkaline and 14.7v is the charging voltage for a lead-acid car battery.

Erm...I may have just answered my own question seeing as these are different chemistry batteries and hence have different characteristics. Ok. I'm feeling a little dumb now. Nevermind.

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast
↑↑↑ this doesn't help at all but it begs the question about alkaline and lead-acid batteries which are typically rated at 1.5v and 12v respectively but the 1.5 is the fully charged voltage of an alkaline and 14.7v is the charging voltage for a lead-acid car battery.

Erm...I may have just answered my own question seeing as these are different chemistry batteries and hence have different characteristics. Ok. I'm feeling a little dumb now. Nevermind.

But you do highlight a good point about different chemistries. Take a NiMH 1.2V against a standard alkaline 1.5V. If you get the primary for better performance you may be disappointed, even though voltage is the key to performance. A run time graph shows this up well. [emoji106][emoji4]

flybird

Newly Enlightened
Hi , my first time try to post some beam shot here , not sure if pics will come.
I am not native English speaker, so it won't be much of talking. The comparison beamshot here will be
Eagletac G25C2vn , Manker U21vn and STOCK Olight SR52UT. Enough said, shall we...

Emitter
Lumen
K Lux
G25C2 VN
XPL PDT
U21 VN
XPL PDT
SR52UT ( Stock )
XPL HI

Pics.

0_G25_C2_U21_SR52_UT.jpg
[/URL]upload gambar[/IMG]