maratac peanut flashlight

GODOFWAR

Banned
Can anyone tell me where to buy the maratac peanut flashlight please include a link. Thank you

OCD

Enlightened
Thanks, Jon. For anyone interested, theres a comparison pic in the "show your little lights" thread.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last edited:

bodhran

Enlightened
Saw this thread while camping and was able to get online and order one. Was waiting for me when I got home today. The only light I have to compare it to is my Quantum DD and it makes the DD look huge. Nice finish and the tint is white. Can't wait for it to get dark.

bodhran

Enlightened
I think this one is a keeper. With the orange peel refector it does have a nicely defined hot spot and easily lit up the neighbors house across the street. I also like that it can tail stand, something I always look for in a flashlight. I made a paracord lanyard with the small Nite Ize biner so it's easy to take on or off. Overall a nice light at a good price.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
I quite like the Astrolux M01 variant since it has a 219b option.

thanks for the tip, the N219b High CRI Neutral White is an excellent option for $20 with free shipping
cf37ec9f-c8fa-4685-ad7b-492d2dcfb6ee.jpg

Maratac peanut in Cool White with Low CRI is
  • Length: 32mm, Diameter: 13mm' Weight: 13.5 Grams with Battery ( 1/2 Ounce ), $40 after adding shipping
peanutled2.jpg

Note the maratac includes the charging cable, the Astrolux does not. otoh, the Astrolux costs half as much and includes the Nichia option. the Maratac is shorter by 10mm, but both lights weigh the same.

Last edited:

bltkmt

Enlightened
How do you access the charging port on the Peanut? Do you have to replace the tail cap to charge?

bodhran

Enlightened
On the Peanut you switch out the head with the charging port. The Peanut also has and aluminum orange peel reflector which even though shorter than the Astrolux, may be the reason they weight the same.

Last edited:

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
How do you access the charging port on the Peanut?

remove head, install separate head with charging port

the astrolux has a built in charging port, it still requires removing the head to access, but no extra charging head to keep track of

Sphinxxx

Newly Enlightened
Does the head on the peanut wiggle? I love my little MecArmy illunimex ti, but it seems the charging port in the threads allows the head wiggle a bit, i was bummed when i got it. Does the peanut have a more solid head? That, the price, and the size would have me sold.
I like the Astrolux but the tail on the peanut is way cooler, and at 130lumens i'm not too concerned with tint.

bodhran

Enlightened
I wouldn't want to say the head doesn't wiggle at all but it seems pretty solid to me. I agree about not being concerned about the tint. All my other flashlights are neutral or warm. With this light I was just looking for something that puts out a lot of light in a small package, and this does do that, but just my opinion.

Last edited:

Drift Monkey

Newly Enlightened
I wouldn't want to say the head doesn't wiggle at all but it seems pretty solid to me. I agree about not being concerned about the tint. All my other flashlights are neutral or warm. With this light I was just looking for something that puts out a lot of light in a small package, and this does do that, but just my opinion.

Some of us like to have a high CRI option. Different strokes...

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does the head on the peanut wiggle? I love my little MecArmy illunimex ti, but it seems the charging port in the threads allows the head wiggle a bit, i was bummed when i got it. Does the peanut have a more solid head? That, the price, and the size would have me sold.
I like the Astrolux but the tail on the peanut is way cooler, and at 130lumens i'm not too concerned with tint.

FYI, I used a couple of wraps of Teflon tape, uses an exacting knife to open the charging port for access and was successful in eliminating wiggle in a couple of similar lights...