Marwi night pro LED conversion

nathanschmoekel

Newly Enlightened
I have just completed LED conversions on my two Marwi night pro helmet lights. These are the ones with the 5-cell nimh flat pack.

I have had these for a few years and was only happy with them for one season. Since then the runtimes have been getting more pathetic every year. I was finally fed up enough to start playing around. Here's what I came up with....

A Cree R2 LED "drop in" type bulb from lighthound.com and some "cute tricks" with a machine washer, PVC pipe fittings and the halogen bulb lens .....

THE RESULTS: estimated output- 200 lumins:thumbsup:
Runtime (@ 200 lm) 3-4 hours:eek:
Max useable runtime 5-6 hours
The amount of light is jaw droping compared to the original.
**keep in mind my batteries are old and only ran the halogen bulb for about an hour and a half....fresh battery outputs and runtimes will be even better!!

I will go into more detail if there is any interest...
I will also preform this mod to anyone's light for $50.00 (parts, labor and return shipping)

nathanschmoekel

Newly Enlightened
I was feeling like I accomplished something.....my single LED setup seems simplistic compared to those three and four bulb jobs. Mine is a hell of a lot easier and cheeper to do though....and I'm happy with the results, that's what matters most!!

nathanschmoekel

Newly Enlightened
I will get a few pics up soon, sorry I'm taking so long:shakehead Too many projects going on at once, sadly none are of the fun variety, winter house prep and such:sigh:

nathanschmoekel

Newly Enlightened
nathanschmoekel
nathanschmoekel
F this!!!!!!!!!I'm about to take a Dremel tool to my temple ..........I have been trying to post images to this forum for a week now. The FAQ is telling me about functions that don't exsist, The help threads say to set up a host site...so now I have a photo bucket account that I also can't seem to link to........I can post to the other six forums I'm on with a few simple clicks of the mouse, this is making me CRAZY. I am now going to stop trying before I take a baseball bat to my computer out of shere frustration.

I guess I don't understand what ever it is that I don't understand...and now I don't want to.

PM me with an E-Mail address and I will send them to you.

Last edited: