Maxpedition Neat Freak Review

Dr Jekell

Enlightened
I brought my mother a SO Pack Rat

I got it to replace the purse that she could only carry "little things" in.

(a week after she brought the purse it broke & when she went to take it back for a refund the sales girl told her that she was carrying too much stuff in the bag and that it was only for "little things",which is funny as at the time she was carrying about 0.5kg worth of stuff in her bag)

So far she has had it for almost a year now and it holds all the "little things" and more.

From what I can see from the various pic's of the NF it looks to be the big brother to the PR.

If I was to chose between the two I would chose the NF as it has better features.

Last edited:

eh4

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kershaw Leek is a very cool knife, I really like that design.
I've been carrying a CKRT M16-12 for about three years now, it replaced the composite handled version of the same that I had for a year before that and subsequently lost.

I got an old Osprey lumbar pack that serves the same purpose for me as your Neatfreak, less internal organizing pockets and a bit more volume. It came with a delrin structural arch which allowed the user to pull a set of straps and pull the arch into the lower back, basically a lumbar suspension system.
I immediately overloaded the lumbar pack and defeated the flimsy delrin arch, replaced it with a 24" crosscut bucksaw blade wrapped in a little bit of lightly oiled strip of tee shirt covered in duct tape.
I'd do it a little bit different if I were to do it over, I haven't pulled the saw blade out in over ten years, I have no idea if it's rusted or not, holds a 15-20 pound load just fine with shoulder strap.

edit, hey, could I borrow a 50? ;-)

Last edited:

Latest posts