MBI #4 - Get Ready to meet Zeus™

ChibiM

Enlightened
Hi ChibiM,

Yes :D
Only a question of when ;)

Tgwnn

haha Tgwnn, I think I may have asked it in the wrong way..
I thought you were not going to put the apollo into production at all because of the hiccups, so it was meant to be like:
Do you think you will be able to get the apollo into production, because I think its a great light...
along that way....
sorry if my last question sounded a bit negative ;)

the_guy_with_no_name

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the updates Tgwnn! The Apollo has my interest :)
Thanks for the update too!
Likewise, thank you for your patience :)

Everything happens in its own appointed time. Good things comes to those who wait. :thumbsup:
I sure hope so!

Since it costs so much to launch, have you ever considered Kickstarter?? That could seriously help a new launch!

And as an aside, you're killing me! I don't even have my first MBI yet (your are working on my HF-R), and I find the Torpedo and Zeus which I'd love to own, and now I read about Apollo??!! Now I have to do a search.

Oh, and here's a small request. Could you post up some current pics so we can see what you've got now with your work in progress?

Hi SA Condor,

Yes I have considered crowdfunding and there's a good chance I'll go that route for Zeus.
When I do, I want to be able to bet my life on the delivery date which means the first pre-production batch has to be completed. Once that's done, I'll have a more accurate idea of actual costs, manufacturing and potential scale/volume issues.

Ideally I would very much like to set a target shipping date of less than 3months from close of a crowdfunding campaign. It's possible but the only way it can happen is to be 100% certain there are zero changes required in terms of manufacturing.

Now that my phone/cam is working again, let me see if I can snap a few photos!

What? Apollo? Where's the thread? :huh: Zeusly, all I need is a flashlight. :D
Thanks rjking,

You definitely need at least one :D

haha Tgwnn, I think I may have asked it in the wrong way..
I thought you were not going to put the apollo into production at all because of the hiccups, so it was meant to be like:
Do you think you will be able to get the apollo into production, because I think its a great light...
along that way....
sorry if my last question sounded a bit negative ;)
Hi ChibiM,

No problem at all ;)
It's a very valid question no matter how you ask it.

For now, I think I'm going to lean slightly towards getting Zeus done!! (done as in Done :) )

Then, perhaps look at the "Son of Zeus" again once I know Zeus is happening.
I do very much like the Apollo design too!

Tgwnn

Always looking forward to a new MBI product. The HFR Ti is my daily, absolutely in love with it. Zeus will be off-the-hook, like an HFR on steroids. Totally awesome!

Last edited:

rjking

Enlightened
HFR-CU 10250 is locked on my key chain since the day it arrived :thumbsup:. Just waiting for my 10440 HFR-CU Back-up :whistle:. That would be the nicest set-up for me while waiting for the, Torpedo, Zeus, Apollo, and so on and so forth. :popcorn:

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking forward to Zeus and Apollo.
Hope all the hoops You have to jump through to bring us these new releases are done :D
Once Zeus is ready, I will be able to get my two Torpedo's working again.
Thanks Guy
GL

the_guy_with_no_name

Flashlight Enthusiast
Update:

Just a quick update to let you know that finally the PCB lab were able to config the firmware programmer and flash some firmware successfully to the first of the new Zeus PCBs, with more testing to follow tomorrow.

This, is also good news for the Torpedo because it's next in line for flash testing (hoping that's tomorrow also but most definitely within this week).

Tgwnn

SA Condor

Enlightened
South Carolina and Bolivia, South America
Update:

Just a quick update to let you know that finally the PCB lab were able to config the firmware programmer and flash some firmware successfully to the first of the new Zeus PCBs, with more testing to follow tomorrow.

This, is also good news for the Torpedo because it's next in line for flash testing (hoping that's tomorrow also but most definitely within this week).

Tgwnn

Bring on the crowdfunding!!!

Newguy2012

Enlightened
This is gonna be a super awesome product. I have a feeling I will have more pills than a drug store. I hope he will have some kind of accessories to store the pills.

RCantor

Enlightened
Guy, you've been incredibly persistent. I can't wait to congratulate you on your next successes.

Newguy2012

Enlightened
He'll eventually make it in other metal/alloys. If it's up to me I would make the head copper and the body in a different metal/alloy.

the_guy_with_no_name

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesomeness!!!
Thanks th8tredude ;)

Bring on the crowdfunding!!!
Thanks SA Condor,
Soon I hope.

This is great news about the firmware!
Thanks NowIC, Getting closer.

Good to hear. Interesting in seeing the end product. Sounds great!
Hi gunga,

I know it's taken a while but looking forward to some good news myself later this week.

I'm late to the :party: but:popcorn:
Hi Mo,
Never too late :D

This is gonna be a super awesome product. I have a feeling I will have more pills than a drug store. I hope he will have some kind of accessories to store the pills.
Hi Newguy2012,
Pill storage can be arranged of course :bow:

Guy, you've been incredibly persistent. I can't wait to congratulate you on your next successes.
Thanks RCantor,
Very much appreciate your support and patience :thumbsup:

If I can get one in copper I'm in, otherwise I' have to know more.
Hi crojoe,

Perhaps copper eventually but unlikely for the very first run.

TGWNN,
I've just read ALL this topic . . . . nearly 900 posts!

Can U update the first post - or start a new topic?
Your followers need no less!

Regards !
lightlover!!
OMG. Thank you and Congratulations to you!!

Yes, it is time to update.

Another post to follow shortly...

Tgwnn