MCE 4500K and 6500K - good choices ?

the badger

Enlightened
Geez. You are really on a buying spree.
The Wildcats are going to wow you.
Try them using the MD2 on a single 18650.
The Tri-EDC is going to be pocket rocket.

I took the warm Wildcat out last night, but it's a little warm for me. I'll have to compare it to the cool Wildcat when it gets here next week. Haven't received the Tri-EDC yet.
I really like the warm Hound Dog - I'm definitely keeping that one. The cool Hound Dog is a little too cool for my liking now, after seeing the warm version ;)

BenChiew

Flashlight Enthusiast
I took the warm Wildcat out last night, but it's a little warm for me. I'll have to compare it to the cool Wildcat when it gets here next week. Haven't received the Tri-EDC yet.
I really like the warm Hound Dog - I'm definitely keeping that one. The cool Hound Dog is a little too cool for my liking now, after seeing the warm version ;)

The warm wildcat is round about 4000k which borders on the realm of NW.
If you light up the target a little further away, the yellow will appear to be less of an effect compared to something nearer.

The cool hound dog with the large reflector will put a spot way way out there.

archer6817j

Enlightened
I find that any color temperature will become "normal" after you use it a while, and side by side comparisons will always be shocking to the eyes :) I think CRI is more important that color temp.

the badger

Enlightened
I find that any color temperature will become "normal" after you use it a while, and side by side comparisons will always be shocking to the eyes :) I think CRI is more important that color temp.

This about sums it up. ^^
Took the dogs on a walk last night (it was pitch black) and only brought the warm lights (4500K Alpha Blue-Label, 4000K Neutral Wildcat and 5000K Neutral Hound Dog) and I can honestly say that I did not miss my "cool" lights one bit ;)

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ha yeah you could surely see but I bet the dog couldn't :eek: Nice collection you've got there.

the badger

Enlightened
I'm pretty excited about all these new lights. About to head out NOW with the neutral Hound Dog and UB3T Invictus (and a can of bear spray for good measure). Not sure why I need two but I'm hung up right now with comparing each one against the other. I'm expecting my cool Wildcat and Mac's Customs Tri-EDC this week - those should make things interesting :D