• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

McGizmo Custom LED Options

astewartconst

Newly Enlightened
Photos I took yesterday in the darkest room I could find at my office. Pictures are L/M/H

5a140ae8455a7fb83fd68038279ab04b.jpg

e157cba61ef36bde6dba9d5d7bf9abfa.jpg

c1801348c57a4c1e175b39bc12887b22.jpg

359dddec7bdd8c71383d9cbbc9d79ec3.jpg

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
Try it outside, you have light bouncing all around the room. I really love mine. If you hit a dark surface, it will not throw anything back, it takes it in. I use mine as a back stage light for events I cover, I don't reflect any white light anywhere.

I installed two red tritium vials alongside the LED looks cool at night, weak but red tritium reflects back the least.

Last edited:

astewartconst

Newly Enlightened
Since I own a Red Sun Drop, I'd love to hear your reactions the light?

This light is great. It gets better the darker it's gets. Which makes it perfect for hunting and camping.

Curious how the red Haiku compares? I assume it is less flood more throw but can you elaborate?

A part of me is still a bit torn about the fact that the Sundrop is kind of the middle of the road. Not near as much flood as a mule and not very much throw either. But like I said it is getting better the darker it gets

LATimber

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the beam shots! They are very difficult to find when it comes to colored LED's. Looking forward to seeing the outdoor shots.

astewartconst

Newly Enlightened
The round beam is just something I am not use to. I am glad to own it and can see many good uses for it.

I am intrigued by a red mule now though. How is the flood of a red mule compared to a 119v mule for example? Is the red equally as floody

McGizmo

Flashaholic
The round beam is just something I am not use to. I am glad to own it and can see many good uses for it.

I am intrigued by a red mule now though. How is the flood of a red mule compared to a 119v mule for example? Is the red equally as floody

One thing I think that's pretty cool about the Mule and SunDrop is the straight forward and ease in, light engine exchanges. If one doesn't have enough need for a dedicated build or setup, one can swap out trade heads with light engines as need might arise. If you have a 119v Mule on hand try swapping LE's with the SunDrop and see how the 119V fares in the SunDrop head and red LED in Mule head. Obviously you need to use the right battery pak for the LE.

astewartconst

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Don.

I will look at them tomorrow and try that. Never messed with the lights but I assume the light engine just screws out of the head.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
....Never messed with the lights but I assume the light engine just screws out of the head.

Yes, the LE will unscrew out the back of the head. You can use some needle nose pliers on the two notches in the back end of the can for a drive to get the LE loosened.

astewartconst

Newly Enlightened
Wow that was easy....what amazing lights these are. Thanks Don

I am thinking for my use the red mule and 119v Sundrop will be perfect. Maybe add a red thrower to balance out

Anyone tried a red Makai? Or red TerraMule...not sure if either can be done but I bet that would be really cool

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
Wow that was easy....what amazing lights these are. Thanks Don

I am thinking for my use the red mule and 119v Sundrop will be perfect. Maybe add a red thrower to balance out

Anyone tried a red Makai? Or red TerraMule...not sure if either can be done but I bet that would be really cool

What are you going to use the lights for? Mine are not to be seen and used at productions as a guide light.

astewartconst

Newly Enlightened
What are you going to use the lights for? Mine are not to be seen and used at productions as a guide light.

I will use the red lights for camping and hunting. I can see keeping the red in my mule and looking for something to add that would give me red throw. Do I need two...probably not. Do I want two, yes

Last edited: