• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

McGizmo Line of Kitchen Utensils

McGizmo

Flashaholic
I recently bought a hammer from them and the invoice as well as shipping papers were from Milwaukee Tool. Seems Stiletto is now a division of them?!?

nbp

Flashaholic
I kinda forgot about sending them an email. :ohgeez:

I will have to do that, I'd be very interested in the reply. I think we compiled some good arguments in this thread for the use of Ti utensils, so that was helpful. :)

And thanks to Don for keeping this neat discussion open even though it has nothing to do with his flashlights. ;)

McGizmo

Flashaholic
No worries nbp! I am as interested in ultimate tools as the next guy; especially if they will last longer than I will and require no maintenance or special care. I have lived in the house on Maui now for 6 years and am on my upteenth dish drying rack. I bought a top of the line KitchenAid rack about 6 months ago and it is now so rusted and grungy looking that replacement was a priority. I found an even more expensive rack from simple human that is reportedly stainless steel and it's design is certainly a step above all the others I have owned. Good engineering in terms of draining as well as dish and utensil support while drying. If it turns out that the stainless is a low grade 18-8 and ends up rusting then I think I will attempt to replace the stainless rack portion with a Ti construction of my own. :green: People can put thousands of dollars into a kitchen counter but what options are there for equal quality in the devices that go on these counters?

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
No worries nbp! I am as interested in ultimate tools as the next guy; especially if they will last longer than I will and require no maintenance or special care. I have lived in the house on Maui now for 6 years and am on my upteenth dish drying rack. I bought a top of the line KitchenAid rack about 6 months ago and it is now so rusted and grungy looking that replacement was a priority. I found an even more expensive rack from simple human that is reportedly stainless steel and it's design is certainly a step above all the others I have owned. Good engineering in terms of draining as well as dish and utensil support while drying. If it turns out that the stainless is a low grade 18-8 and ends up rusting then I think I will attempt to replace the stainless rack portion with a Ti construction of my own. :green: People can put thousands of dollars into a kitchen counter but what options are there for equal quality in the devices that go on these counters?

What I would like is a rack for the shower that is alum.Ti., or something that does not rust.

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
What I would like is a rack for the shower that is alum.Ti., or something that does not rust.

+1 one where we can stand the bottles upside-down with an open hook for the curtain pole and a decent soap holder.

Titanium barbecue utensils makes so much sense... there might already be a line of these somewhere...

nbp

Flashaholic
Bumpity. I finally sent Stiletto an email tonight. Here is what I wrote, I'll let you know what they say if/when I get a reply.

Hello Stiletto Friends,

I hope that business is going well for you folks. Unfortunately, I do not work in construction, or really have any need to buy tools such as you make, but as a gadget junkie and titanium lover, I can appreciate the things you make and I wish I had a use for them as they are very cool.

I wonder though if you have ever considered doing a line of titanium kitchen type utensils. I know it is a bit different from what you manufacture now, but I believe that there would be a market for such things both in the private and commercial sectors.

I think that titanium has many attributes that would make it ideal in the kitchen as well as the construction site. For example: the strength to weight ratio, the durability and fatigue resistance, the lack of metallic taste transfer, low heat transfer rate, high corrosion resistance when exposed to acidic/caustic/saline foods or washing solutions, hypoallergenic properties, low maintenance/care... the list goes on. Plus, it's really cool.

It seems that with the influx of cheaply made kitchen utensils these days that disintegrate after a few uses, high quality titanium tools could be a great market to corner. Knowing how they would last, I'd buy some, and I know plenty of other tool lovers who would too. Scoops, spatulas, grill forks and flippers, tongs, meat tenderizers, pizza cutters, measuring cups, etc. I definitely think it would be something you guys could do really well.

I am curious if you have ever considered this sort of tool line, or if you ever would in the future. Thanks so much for your time, and I hope that you are able to continue making neat things from my favorite metal for a long time to come.

Best Regards,

fyrstormer

Banned
People can put thousands of dollars into a kitchen counter but what options are there for equal quality in the devices that go on these counters?
Bah. You know what your problem is, you're just not trendy enough. You should look forward to your kitchen accessories wearing out so you can replace them with the latest and greatest models!

:ironic:

nbp

Flashaholic
Bump to get this out of 2008. :ohgeez:

Thanks for the replies guys, I'm eager to see what they say.

nbp

Flashaholic
I got my response from Stiletto! And from the Director of Innovation! (What a sweet job.)

I can't post the email directly of course, but he said that they have considered various "lifestyle" products, such as kitchen utensils, but there are still so many construction trades that they haven't yet covered with their current Ti tools, they have not been able to head down those paths yet. But he said they appreciated my "Ti Wishlist" as he called it, and my thoughts, as it is good to know what people are interested in. He stated that one never knows what the next few years may bring.

I say bring on the ice cream scoops. :popcorn:

Anyone else have any ideas as to who might want to do this? Otherwise someone's Makai is going to have to get flattened into a burger flipper for me. :grin2:

Latest posts