• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

McLux DIY parts @ the Sandwich Shoppe

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
It was only a day ago that I actually restored the complete product listing and the complete user database.

Till yesterday, I had zero. No data, no info. It would have all had to have been restored from email.

Wayne

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: McLux DIY parts @ the Sandwich Shoppe (Issues)

Oops, the note about trimming the mold sprue off the optic is not in the assembly manual I downloaded. It is mentioned elsewhere in sandwich installations if I recall. No really good way to buff that out 100% I did shave mine off with side cuts and with a 1 watt don't notice the aritfact. I don't remember if many optics that I have had from any source had the nub bobbed off before I got it.

The o-ring's number was listed in the manual and one could be had at some hardware stores or hydraulic supply houses in some metropolitan areas.

Did the skirt of the kroll slip down into the barrel of the body? Mine did with no troubles on the McLux but everytime I replace batteries in a Mag with one I have to coax the rubber into the body or it won't screw down all the way. Mine has a very slight Weeble Wobble (maybe 1/64") but I considered it a variance in the boot.

The site was fragged this past week or so and maybe if during that time Wayne's email was whacked also. I think during this train wreck and the overwhelming load the McLuxes caused he took a much needed sabbatical rather than deal with the furstruation of a downed serever et al.

Since I started this post he noted he was trying to work while the dark internet lords tormented his data but still a crash like that is traumatic.

Shark

Enlightened

Hey I'm glad to see Wayne is back up I miss the big green fish. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks, dat2zip.

I need to remind myself I was one of many that had hoped you and others would centralize your offerings on a web site. It's easy to forget that guys like you do this out of a love for technology and lights and creativity and other fine things.

So, I have to think a little to make a purchase. Not a large price to pay.

bbert -

I know there are plastic polishes that will suit your need for the optic. I just can't think of it off the top of my head. I'm not a Modifier but I know that they exchange information here on a regular bases. You might consider hanging out here and reading what the ModMen say. I find it fascinating.

Oh yea, Welcome to CandlePowerForums.

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast

bbert,

Sorry, didn't notice you are new here.

The NX05 comes with a protruding nub. It's been ground off to fit the minimag mod. I spent a whole weekend grinding them off. For the McLux, you probably need to grind off a little more under the lip to make it work.

I'll try to get that into the documention. Thanks for the input.

tylerdurden

Flashlight Enthusiast

I've had the same trouble with the kroll boot poking out a bit from both the 2x123 and 3x123 tails. My 1x123 tail that I got on the original DIY "raffle" has not had this problem.

Just activating the switch a few times seems to have helped work it down into place. Now the boot protrudes just a very tiny bit. It still has a very, very slight wobble when stood on end, but seems stable.

OddOne

Enlightened

Yep, site's shutting out new user registrations. A few errors, as was already noted, and it's not taking ANY E-mail address.

The errors:

First one is looks to be an open attempted on a missing file, includes/tld.txt, which apparently is being looked for from validations.php on line 85. IIRC, tld.txt is just a list of valid domain codes, and is used to verify the E-mail address plugged into the registration form.

The second is a call to an undefined function, each(), also from validations.php but this time on line 86. Bet this is related to the first error.

The third is an empty-array error for eregi(), and this one's in validations.php on line 97. Care to guess the likelihood of the missing tld.txt file being responsible for this one? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Looks like your validations.php file's borked, and/or your list of TLDs has gone AWOL. I have osCommerce running on another site and can send you the validation and/or tld list files from it (which are both unmodified/stock) if it'd help. Throw me some mail @ [email protected] if you want 'em.

Until that E-mail kickback issue is resolved, nobody not already a customer can buy anything. Myself included /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif (Waaaa, I wanna get a BB750... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif )

oO

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast

OK, the tld.txt file has been restored and I created a new account. I think this is resolved. Give it whirl. Please let me know if you find anything else. From my end, I cannot see what you are experiencing from the customers point, since I'm running completely separate code modules for the administration portion.

Wayne

MenaceSQL

Enlightened

Just tried it out and was able to create a new account. Thanks dat2zip.

Latest posts