Mega Lantern

vio765

Newly Enlightened
I had an idea for making the brighest lantern possible. A 1500W HID bulb mated with a 1500W ballast powered by a small 1600W gas generator. 129,500 lumens in all directions. Assume cost is not a factor. Is this possible, realistic, foolish, brilliant, dangerous, etc? Should I be arrested or should I sell tickets IF this were to be built?

forexer

Newly Enlightened
I had an idea for making the brighest lantern possible. A 1500W HID bulb mated with a 1500W ballast powered by a small 1600W gas generator. 129,500 lumens in all directions. Assume cost is not a factor. Is this possible, realistic, foolish, brilliant, dangerous, etc? Should I be arrested or should I sell tickets IF this were to be built?
it is very possible and quite easy for a flooder. If you want a thrower then you need to get a very big and good reflector from custom producers. I say go for a 2KW lamp 200,000 plus lumen. you might want to design a battery too, a generator would be fine too. The only danger is the high voltage. I've yet to see anyone do this with a 2kw longarc