• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Megalennium 3x18650 by FiveMega

Status
Not open for further replies.

senna94

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got my unit today. Just when you thought it couldn't get any better he comes up with this. Absolutly Superb. The better M6

Great to hear that Bullet Bob!!! Any chance you can take some pics of the inside of the tailcap fot those of us waiting for ours to arrive?
:poke:

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just when you thought it couldn't get any better he comes up with this. Absolutly Superb. The better M6

Absolutely. No better way to put it. It is even better for those of us who have big hands and love the M6 form factor. Essentially, you get an M6-R for $119.00 as long as you have heads for it (extra KT4, KL6, KL2,... like me!).

Varooj hit a home run with this one, for sure. An M6 body that takes 3x18650 with no separate carrier, a little fatter and a little shorter! Eeeexcellent!:devil: I can't wait to get mine!:thumbsup:

BTW: Hey Varooj, your payment is in the mail as of 2 hours ago.:thanks:

Last edited:

donn_

Flashaholic
Got mine, installed the switch, loaded it up with IMRs and a LF 1000 Lumen lamp and it rocks.

Next comes an '85!

Great piece of equipment, Varooj! Your best yet!

:paypal: for #22!

:thanks:

LIGHTSMAD

Enlightened
Got mine, installed the switch, loaded it up with IMRs and a LF 1000 Lumen lamp and it rocks.

Next comes an '85!

Great piece of equipment, Varooj! Your best yet!

:paypal: for #22!

:thanks:
which would be brighter? LF 1000 Lumen lamp or a WA1185?

Daniel_sk

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd probably choose the LF over 1185, it might be not so bright but the bulb has a longer life (30 hours versus 10 hours), no need for the FM bi-pin adapter and you can use IMR cells which are safer (cheaper? and no protection circuit - less parts to break).

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd probably choose the LF over 1185, it might be not so bright but the bulb has a longer life (30 hours versus 10 hours), no need for the FM bi-pin adapter and you can use IMR cells which are safer (cheaper? and no protection circuit - less parts to break).

[size=+1]Many people already have MN Bi-pin socket and a true flashaholic won't care about $18 cost of 3 WA1185 for 30 hours use.[/size]

donn_

Flashaholic
[SIZE=+1]Many people already have MN Bi-pin socket and a true flashaholic won't care about $18 cost of 3 WA1185 for 30 hours use.[/SIZE]

Versus $28 for the 1000 lumen lamp.

I'm running my Megalomaniac with 3x A123s at just under 10V, with an 1164 now. Very nice indeed! That's one of the nicest features of FM's bi-pin socket. You can swap bulbs at will.

tanasit

Flashlight Enthusiast
:paypal:

I'll take #27.
PayPal is coming.
Thanks,
Tanasit

Last edited:

bluecrow76

Enlightened
From the first post by FM:

It might take a leftover Surefire switch if you already converted one of your tailcaps to the AW B switch. I'm going to try that I think.

-LT

Would love to hear if it's "easy"... I'm holding back until I hear something definite.

Techjunkie

Enlightened
in the brightly lit suburbs of NYC (Long Island)
Is the tail end insert / contact board thing keyed so you can't possibly accidentally install it the wrong way and short circuit the batteries? (I see the writing on it to label the battery orientation, but can't tell if it only fits one way from the pic.) Could it be? (Maybe one lobe larger or with a square corner or something?) Just concerned about short circuiting batteries...

Status
Not open for further replies.