Melbourne - Australia - 2018 ...

harro

Enlightened
Hope things go ok for you Gav.

Is it worth calling nay, and looking at sometime during Spring??? I think its down to Simon and Matt and myself at this point. I'm happy to postpone till then. Maybe suitable for a few more people at that time. Haha, might even be able to sneek in a couple of new torches between now and then without ' SHE WHO MUST BE OBEYED ' noticing.......

Mike.

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was hesistant about sharingthe reason for my pull out at first, but its an issue a lot of us men may have to deal with, so here goes: my older brother in Singapore has got Stage 2 prostate cancer and is going for a radical prostatectomy during the week of the meet. So my parents and I are traveling to Singapore to be with him during this difficult time. Apologies once again for pulling out last minute.

harro

Enlightened
I was hesistant about sharingthe reason for my pull out at first, but its an issue a lot of us men may have to deal with, so here goes: my older brother in Singapore has got Stage 2 prostate cancer and is going for a radical prostatectomy during the week of the meet. So my parents and I are traveling to Singapore to be with him during this difficult time. Apologies once again for pulling out last minute.

Understand totally, my dad lost his prostate to cancer, and survived it. I am on six month checkups forever, or until the same happens. Again, good luck and best regards.

Mike

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah - My dad was taken by prostate cancer ! ( Wishing you and yours the best Gavin )

14th is 10 days away ..

Sunset will be ... 5.55pm Sat 14th April

I have some flashlights I have received recently for review , also there may be a few more on the way - So for now I am committed to the 14th weather permitting .
We have had some very decent weather recently ! Is it going to be so on the 14th ? Lets keep an eye on it !
Do we know if there is cover ?

Screen_Shot_04-04-18_at_09.39_PM.jpg

I don't see any cover !

Last edited:

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
Shipped = Nitecore Concept 1 LED Flashlight Cree XHP35 HD E2 / 8-mode / 1800LM / cool white / 1*18650/2*CR123A / clip - KLARUS XT2CR LED Flashlight authentic / 1*Cree XHP35 HD E4 / 6-mode / 1600LM / white light / 1*18650 / USB rechargeable

+ There might be two more (?) one might be the Nitecore EC22 and the the other is apparently a surprise (?) = I was not told .

I hope they get here before the 14th , they should all be very interesting flashlights .

Last edited:

Leoht

Flashaholic from Mars
Hey guys. I should be able to come. I just have to see what is happening with a tree removal job I have lined up.

harro

Enlightened
Correct me if i'm wrong guys, but the easiest way seems to be ( to me anyway ) Ring Road, left onto the Greensborough Bypass, turns into Diamond Creek Road, left onto Yan Yean Road, left onto Memorial Drive, then left into Goldsworthy Lane and follow around to parking area/BBQ area. Looks like Goldsworthy Lane is the only dirt road. The weather is meant to be pretty cool by next weekend, but I don't think there is any rain forecast. Looks like about 200Mts to play with from the BBQ area back to the road, and the lake ( a short walk ) appears to be about 150Mts from end to end. Does anyone know if its 24 Hr access?? I lose the ball and chain and son from Thursday till Sunday, so barring crap weather, i'll be there.

Mike.

Have you been there Matt??

harro

Enlightened
Yuuuuck. You're probably closest geographically to the place Matt. I would leave here at about 3:00pm if its on. I dont know about Simon and Chris what time they would need to leave.
See what happens on the day, and if its crappy, then a Springtime meet may be the go!?

Mike.

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the weather is ok - I will be there ..

As best as I can see - There is no cover - there are tables ..
I will try and be there before sunset .. Maybe throw some RC buggies in the boot ..
If its windy ? No point bringing Quads or wings ( Flying wings )

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=...69i57j69i65.4117j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Weather prediction is still POX for Saturday ..
Might have to play this one by ear !

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got a mate's 40th Birthday party just come up for this saturday. I can do both, but I won't arrive until 8pm or so.

I'm OK with it being called off, especially if the weather is going to be poop.

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
Weather for Saturday looks to be getting worse - Prediction .
Gone from POX to POXY ..

Colder / wetter / and windier ... ( Prediction )

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
Weather for Saturday looks to be getting worse - Prediction .
Gone from POX to POXY ..

Colder / wetter / and windier ... ( Prediction )

Weather prediction just keeps getting worse .... :oops:

Cloudy. Very high (95%) chance of showers, most likely in the late morning and afternoon. The chance of a thunderstorm from the late morning. Winds northwesterly 25 to 35 km/h tending northerly 35 to 50 km/h in the morning then turning west to northwesterly 35 to 60 km/h in the middle of the day.

Last edited:

harro

Enlightened
Not real pleasant. I'll say no for myself at this point. Its grey and overcast here and the rain is imminent. Happy to wait for a nice Spring evening, i may even have a couple of new lights by then.

Edit; 3.15PM Absolutely pizzling down here.

Last edited:

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes = Pull the plug !

Went for a walk this morning and we are having a SEVERE weather day ..

So I am pulling the plug = Sorry Guys ...

Not sure we need to re schedule to Spring .. Perhaps May / June ...
And yeah , no deliveries this week ( aaaaaaw! )

Matt ( old4570 )

harro

Enlightened
Yes = Pull the plug !

Went for a walk this morning and we are having a SEVERE weather day ..

So I am pulling the plug = Sorry Guys ...

Not sure we need to re schedule to Spring .. Perhaps May / June ...
And yeah , no deliveries this week ( aaaaaaw! )

Matt ( old4570 )

Yep, a cold evening and some warm clothes is fine. The rain is another matter, specially if there's no shelter. Yellowgum looks like you could probably have a fire also??? Nothing better than that. You have that moon chart Matt? Nothing wrong with May/June/July and no moon.

3.20 and its PIZZILING down in Shepp. Bloody miserable.

That'd give me a chance to maybe manage another light or two.........

May give a couple of other members the chance to attend also.

Mike.

Hey, you Sydney guys, the stars don't always align, and things don't always go as planned, its how it is. Keep at it, and you are bound to get a meet going.
Cheers from VIC.

Last edited: