Melbourne CPF 2016 winter/spring meet.

Leoht

Flashaholic from Mars
Before our next meet, I am looking forward to a casual 1-2 hr night bush walk at a place like Steavenson Falls, King Lake National Park or similar. Its more of an impromptu kinda thing, planned a few days before hand. Anyone care to join me?
Will it be like the one that Simon and I took you on up the side of Mt cole to find a geocache, at 10 at night.

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow ok ...
Been playing with flip books .. ( Electronic page flipping books ) .. Been converting some reasonably important historic books ( some over 100 years old ) ...

Stuff to sell .. Yeah , I guess I have stuff to sell ( ? )
Walkies .... Wow . my back can handle maybe 2k ...

https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-37.9480146,145.2884744,15z
https://www.google.com.au/maps/plac...e79c9bccb8524!8m2!3d-37.9543414!4d145.2834553

Been here twice , looks like very nice walkies .. ( Easy ) Its very popular though , lots of tourists visit and use the car park , so tends to be a little full at times ...
Thought it might be a nice spot for a flashlight meet ( ? ) ( No BBQ , I dont think )
I really need to go there one day and actually go walkies rather than just photograph some roo's

harro

Enlightened
Hi guys,
Am I right in assuming the area will still be Sherbrooke picnic ground ? Looks a nice spot. Is there a bit of distance to work with? Sometime in September prior to daylight savings still preferred? I'd be ok, just need to sort some accommodation.

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you have any Nichia 219b P60 dropins you want to sell?

Sorry no , but if you want I can help you build one ..

( sorry for the late reply , been suffering serious CPF lag )

Just buy the pill you want , emitter on a base , a driver .. Some archtic silver epoxy ...
And DIY is relatively easy .. ( Well relative to your DIY skills )

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi guys,
Am I right in assuming the area will still be Sherbrooke picnic ground ? Looks a nice spot. Is there a bit of distance to work with? Sometime in September prior to daylight savings still preferred? I'd be ok, just need to sort some accommodation.

Hi Harro: Sherbrooke will be the preferred location. Its in a rain forrest so we don't have long distances to test throw, however the bush is quite dense and the green colour of the fauna tends to absorb light so it can make bright lights look pretty ordinary. However I would like to think this night bush walk as a test of our EDC lights rather than our light cannons as bush walking with a heavy light isn't practical.

I will throw in a date as a feeler.... how about Saturday the 24th Sept?

On a separate note, please wear warm clothing, I was at Sherbrooke up in the Dandenongs on 1st August when we had that really rainy gloomy day and it got a tad snowy...

20160803_201454_zps3tcf85eq.jpg

20160803_201431_zpshh8usinv.jpg

20160803_201232_zpsqqcxthie.jpg

Last edited:

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
Funny , I was expecting to boil this summer and yet it has been relatively mild ! ( Hope I didn't jinx it = I like mild )
But does that sun burn or what ?
What is the situation with that ozone hole ? I'm outside for 10 minutes and I can feel the BURN !
Used to be like at least an hour 20 or so years ago , maybe longer before my skin burned ! These days , it's almost instant ..
Definitely something going on with the ozone layer nobody is telling us about ..
Hell I can feel the sun through 30SPF , used to be all I needed was 15SPF and I was good all day ..
Looks like I may need 50SPF now .. ( They actually have that now )
Perhaps a few years from now you will be able to buy 100SPF as the ozone burns away ...