Microwaves turn kitchen cloths into germ killers

drizzle

Enlightened
Lit Up said:
Another thing about Vinegar (Apple Cider variety) is that it always helps me with severe heartburn/borderline GERD I get when I eat certain things.
I take a ACV capsule and it shuts it right down. I don't know how or why it works, just know that it does for me. I heard ACV also helps on food poisoning as well.
I've never tried the capsules. I actually drink the ACV and boy is it nasty! It works for me though. I gotta get me some of those capsules.

Lit Up

Flashlight Enthusiast
drizzle said:
I've never tried the capsules. I actually drink the ACV and boy is it nasty! It works for me though. I gotta get me some of those capsules.

I found them at Wal-Mart in the vitamin/herb section. They're being marketed as a weight loss pill in the weight loss/creatine/whey protein powders section of the aisle.

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sasha said:
Hmmmm.... how about just throwing the sponge away after about 2 weeks (1 week?!?) use and buy a new one? What do they cost? 29¢ each? :thinking:

Because by two weeks they're already filled with germs. What exactly is the issue with just throwing it in the dishwasher with your dishes every couple of days?

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
Joe Talmadge said:
Because by two weeks they're already filled with germs.

Agreed!

What exactly is the issue with just throwing it in the dishwasher with your dishes every couple of days?

You ever notice if you try to clean a very dirty sponge that you can keep squeezing it and squeezing it and dirty water still comes out?

I suspect squeezing is more effective at cleaning the interior of the sponge than the spray action of the dishwasher.

While the dishwasher will sanitize the sponge, and clean the exterior, I suspect it will leak grunge onto your dishes throughout the whole cycle. Yuck.

Everyone, certainly the microwave or the dishwasher trick is better than nothing, but seriously: Go buy yourself a small pile of dishcloths ($4 for a set of six!, although you can get fancier ones) maybe a few extra kitchen towels. Twice a week throw them in the laundry and put out a new set. If you can't handle twice a week, do it once a week.

Something too big a job for the dishcloth? Just use one of the kitchen towels and then throw it in the laundry.

-john