Milky L1 Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Scott, how much of a lumen upgrade do you think is possible by simply replacing the emitter in the new short L1 with an SSC P4. Would a P4 work with that optic, or would you recommend a reflector?

Thanks,
Josh

Josh, a reflector would most definitely offer a smoother beam, plus allow for some other options in terms of the actual beam geometry... one example might be an intense hotspot combined with medium-radius but very intense, even sidespill... another might be a very soft hotspot coupled with super smooth area flood.

As far as brightness, right now the Seoul SSCP4 parts won't be all that much brighter... they'll probably be a little brighter though. When Seoul releases the successor to the SSCP4, which I've heard might happen anytime toward the end of this year, or perhaps January or February of next year, we'll be in a great position to deliver the above advantages of a reflectored light AND bump up the brightness quite a bit more, too. :naughty:

Hope this helps.

SCblur

Enlightened
Thanks Scott, for the reply. I think I'll buy a new L1 and wait for the new offerings from Seol. A question for you in the meantime: I have a original bodied ML1 with a P4, and the ML1X I bought from Skalomax on its way to me now. Can I safely swap the heads back and forth between the lights?

Thanks,
Josh

elt1

Newly Enlightened
Hi Scott,
If you still have any ML1s not spoken for I'd be thrilled to pay you for one.
Let me know!
PM sent
Cheers
Eugene

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Scott, for the reply. I think I'll buy a new L1 and wait for the new offerings from Seol. A question for you in the meantime: I have a original bodied ML1 with a P4, and the ML1X I bought from Skalomax on its way to me now. Can I safely swap the heads back and forth between the lights?

Thanks,
Josh

Still haven't received It??

I sent that out Wednesday Via Priority.

Sorry, damn USPS

SCblur

Enlightened
Nope, haven't seen it yet. It will probaly show up today, I'll keep you posted.
USPS: Our fine government-run monopoly at its finest!

DDS

Enlightened
Scott: PM sent to place order for a Floodmaster.
Thanks, Dave

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
[size=+1]L1 (with some friends) Lineup[/size]

Thought this photo might be of some interest in understanding the relative size of various L1 variants and some close cousins...

img-surefire-l1-lineup-20070926.jpg

russtang

Flashlight Enthusiast
[SIZE=+1]L1 (with some friends) Lineup[/SIZE]

Thought this photo might be of some interest in understanding the relative size of various L1 variants and some close cousins...

img-surefire-l1-lineup-20070926.jpg

Scott, could you give the details on the "Headless L1"

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Scott, could you give the details on the "Headless L1"

Russ, the 'Headless L1' is a one-of-a-kind prototype for which I'd come up with the concept quite some time ago, and Chop had machined the prototype delrin bezel. The light drives a Cree XRE-Q4WC hard using a MM+ driver for high beam output around 165-185 lumens, with runtime in high beam of about an hour, and low beam runtime of dozens of hours (haven't really been patient enough to do a full low beam runtime test). Reflector is a shortened McR17xr, and lens is mineral glass. The light remains fully o-ring sealed for weatherproofness, and still provides the usual dual brightness capabilities, plus it still runs on a single 123 cell... both primary and rechargeable are fine.

As for saleability... I haven't ever posted that one for sale, but suppose it's eventually going to be sold, so if you're got a burning need send PM. When it's gone, it's gone! First come, first served.

If it happens to be a popular concept, I suppose we could always get a small batch of custom parts assembled for a run. Hmm... :thinking:

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Continued in part 2... link above, as well as in the first post of this thread.

Moderators, please close this thread.

Link corrected

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.