• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Milkyspit Mods, Thoughts, Eye Candy [LOTS OF PHOTOS] Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
:D The ritual of new owership is complete! It is now fully yours.
At least I know you found it to be pretty sharp. Superglue is your friend.

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
SNAKE EYES!!!!

DSC00688.jpg

DSC00687.jpg

DSC00684.jpg

DSC00683.jpg

DSC00655.jpg

DSC00702.jpg

DSC00701.jpg

DSC00703.jpg

:grin2::twothumbs:grin2:

Writeup to follow.

To be continued........

1wrx7

Enlightened
Wow Msax... I only have one PMAG. I need to get some more though. Nice SnakeEyes too, I assume the standard U2 UI is functional:thumbsup:

Hi Scott:wave:... I hope your thumb is healing well:eek:

desertrat21

Newly Enlightened
Man... this is killing me. In the last several days there have been two U2 builds posted and yet mine, for which the host was shipped and services bought and paid for nearly 13 months ago (yes you read that right), is still in progress? :shrug:

I liked the U2by2 build primarilly because it was a boost to a form factor I am fond of. Since the U2by2 has proven to be difficult, I'd be happy to opt for another route. My primary interest was to have a light capable of adjustable output that would be brighter than my standard U2, and still capable of maintaining a good floody/spill beam without artifacts and a smooth transition from spot to fill. I'd basically like to have a U2 but with much more oomph. I love everything about the U2... just looking to take it up a few notches. Of course I sent one of the first generation lights to you because I'd also like the option of using an 18650 with it as well. I like neutral to warm tint as the color rendition's better which is important for my use.

Please figure out some way to make my U2 into something with about 4 times the output capacity, slightly warmer than neutral tint, good spot and floody sidespill with no artifacts. You have my permission to move away from the U2by2 and go with whatever build will accomplish the feat in a way that's more feasible for you... Snake eyes... whatever. I don't really care any more. I just want to wrap this up. It's been more than a year since I sent the light off and I'm ready to be done.

I feel as though I've been as patient and considerate as any customer could be expected but the "just checking in" and "How's everything going" emails/posts/PMs don't seem to have gotten me anywhere so I'm trying this.

Please help me out Scott.:(

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
Man... this is killing me. In the last several days there have been two U2 builds posted and yet mine, for which the host was shipped and services bought and paid for nearly 13 months ago (yes you read that right), is still in progress? :shrug:

I liked the U2by2 build primarilly because it was a boost to a form factor I am fond of. Since the U2by2 has proven to be difficult, I'd be happy to opt for another route. My primary interest was to have a light capable of adjustable output that would be brighter than my standard U2, and still capable of maintaining a good floody/spill beam without artifacts and a smooth transition from spot to fill. I'd basically like to have a U2 but with much more oomph. I love everything about the U2... just looking to take it up a few notches. Of course I sent one of the first generation lights to you because I'd also like the option of using an 18650 with it as well. I like neutral to warm tint as the color rendition's better which is important for my use.

Please figure out some way to make my U2 into something with about 4 times the output capacity, slightly warmer than neutral tint, good spot and floody sidespill with no artifacts. You have my permission to move away from the U2by2 and go with whatever build will accomplish the feat in a way that's more feasible for you... Snake eyes... whatever. I don't really care any more. I just want to wrap this up. It's been more than a year since I sent the light off and I'm ready to be done.

I feel as though I've been as patient and considerate as any customer could be expected but the "just checking in" and "How's everything going" emails/posts/PMs don't seem to have gotten me anywhere so I'm trying this.

Please help me out Scott.:(

I was in the exact same boat as you Desertrat, my U2x2 took a little over
a year and let me say, it was well worth the wait.

All I can say is, hang in there Desertrat, Im sure Scott is doing his best to complete your light.

desertrat21

Newly Enlightened
I was in the exact same boat as you Desertrat, my U2x2 took a little over
a year and let me say, it was well worth the wait.

All I can say is, hang in there Desertrat, Im sure Scott is doing his best to complete your light.

I know Scott's a great guy, his builds are absolutely top-shelf, and in the end I know the wait will be worth it (the rest of them certainly were). Right now I just feel like I've been waiting so long for something great that the doubt as to whether it will ever happen is beginning to take over. I guess it's flashaholic heartbreak :laughing:. I've been going through Milky withdrawal for too long.
:eek:

I feel like I wake up every morning, walk to the shore, look for the rescue boat, then go on about my business knowing I could be marooned forever on Flashlightless island LOL.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I feel like I wake up every morning, walk to the shore, look for the rescue boat, then go on about my business knowing I could be marooned forever on Flashlightless island LOL.

That brings up a kinda sad image, actually. :(

donn_

Flashaholic
WOOT!

Here's my latest goodie from MilkyLabs:

IMGP2925.jpg

A Diamond Dragon Turbo Tower!

4-levels, from 8mA on low to 2000mA on high.

Perfect beam in both of these heads.

:goodjob: Milky!

sierracharlie

Newly Enlightened
WOOT!

Here's my latest goodie from MilkyLabs:

IMGP2925.jpg

A Diamond Dragon Turbo Tower!

4-levels, from 8mA on low to 2000mA on high.

Perfect beam in both of these heads.

:goodjob: Milky!

That tower module is the coolest thing I have seen for a plug and play solution. I have a Seoul P4 now, and I have an MC-E on order for my M6. How is the heatsink on yours? What is the lumen count?

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
[size=+1]Folks, per moderator suggestion, I have opened Part 4 of the Eye Candy thread... please find it over here.[/size]

(Moderators, please close this thread.) :popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.