• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Milkyspit U2BY2 + Orbtronic Batteries

steveG

Enlightened
Milkyspit U2BY2 + Orbtronic Batteries

I bought this light a few years ago on CPF here: http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?258523-SOLD-Milkyspit-U2by2!!!!-Price-drop-now-310-00-free-shipping

As you can see from the ad, it was not a shelf-queen and, actually, quite the opposite. A fact I appreciated as it had been a great duty light for the original owner and would also serve me well.

I've since had Scott update the emitters along with all other internals. Externally, the light is a user, internal it is almost like new. It has seen light use since being updated. Beam is beautifully floody. This is a work light like none I've ever had. I've even used it as a flood light at parties... it's that good. With a great warm tint, to boot.

I (gladly) paid $310 for the light another $150 to have the emitters replaced plus $20/each for the batteries.

Package includes a bored body and two Orbtronic 3400mah 18650 batteries. One that has been recharged 6-7 times and another that I just recently unwrapped and have charged 2 times since.

CONUS shipping, insured: $10

List Date: 5/21/2015

For more info, click here to view the original listing: Milkyspit U2BY2 + Orbtronic Batteries
--------------------------------------
On Sale For: $360.00

--------------------------------------
candlepowerforums

Last edited:

steveG

Enlightened
I should have noted in case anyone missed the labeling. The new emitters are Cree XTE's, hand picked by Scott. I left the emitter choice entirely up to him and asked he re-work the light however he thought best. As expected, he made excellent choices and created and great, floody work light with a beautiful tint.

winston

Enlightened
I've often thought about this light in the 2+ years since it last changed hands. I would've thought this was destined for a quick sale. U2 selector ring, 18mm body, primo emitters and reflectors installed by the best. Best of luck to the seller. I wish I had the cash right now to snap this up.
-Winston

steveG

Enlightened
Thanks, Winston. It is a great light and I'll be sad to see it go. For quite a while I told myself if I could somehow swing a U2by2, I'd never need another light. It's true, but right now there are other things I could use the cash for....

U2by2, Bored body, 2 almost new batteries... shipped insured, no chances taken on this one. It is a fantastic, durable light.

Last edited: